• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

chins up lads!

Winkle

Manager
I Am just getting ready to go out and get totally w&nkered, but instead of being suicidal, (like someone posted on here about three weeks ago) I am strangly calm. This is probably due to the fact that when Barnsley beat us last month, I new then in my heart of hearts that there was no way back for us. When we go down Im confident that the team , with a couple of good signings can start next season challenging for the div1 title! This outlook may sound to some gloomy and defeatist but for me its reality, is it really that bad if we go down? I would rather us play good football challenging for promotion, than being rock bottom in a league with confidence as low as it is!

Division one won't be any easier than than 2/3 of this division. We will still have to score goals... a striker to get at least 20 a partner to chip in with a dozen...midfielders to get in on the act regularly.... a centre half who can come up at corners and get 6 or 7 the way AB did for us last year and full backs to get up with 1 or 2 each. Looking at the current side I would be very supprised if we managed half our total of last year. Tilly has brought defensively to consolidate our position and it has back fired dismally. The best form of deffence is attack and we need players that eat and drink goals for their life, not ones that are content to pass the responsibility one to someone else. Nowonder Freddy plays like he is massively p*ssed of!

If we go down Im pretty sure we wont be challenging for the title.

Just look at the other teams who went down this year, hardly bouncing back up. Even last season Forest struggled the first half of the season.

Relegated teams often get stuck in losing ways unfortunately.

PS Barretts good scoring run was the year before last wasnt it ?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jam_Man @ Dec. 23 2006,20:32)]PS Barretts good scoring run was the year before last wasnt it ?
You may be right..... time flys by when you get past 40..... and I'm too depressed to argue.

Back