• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chips and ???

What would you have to accompany your chips for the rest of your life?

• Gravy

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • Tomato Ketchup

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Mayonnaise

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Salt

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Vinegar

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Brown Sauce

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Other (Please State)

Votes: 11 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Damn, i voted gravy before reading the thread so missed out on the curry sauce option

Damn you s4e, DAMN YOU !!!!!

I didn't realise how hungry i was until i read these food threads

Last edited:
If I have to eschew all other condiments... I'd go for brown sauce. Most of the combos in which I'd have chips, I'd want brown sauce on the side.

Don't get me wrong - I love curry sauce, ketchup, mayo... but if you were having a fried breakfast with chips, for instance, then to have curry sauce on the side would be plainly and simply wrong.

Brown sauce it is.

I have gone for ketchup although I would have preferred a roll so I could make a nice chip buttie

On the back of this thread i stopped off at the chippie on the way home and got a large portion of chips, when i got in i knocked up a pint of thick gravy and polished off the lot in 5 minutes flat

Beautiful :cool:

Mayo without a doubt. One of the few things of note the Belgiums have right.

Pop over the border into Holland and try the frites sauce. It's the bees knees. Luckily for me, one of the many chip stalls on Gt Yarmouth market serves it.

Chip shop pickled onions aren't pickled in strong enough vinegar for my palette.

I love pickled eggs but they are a bit much with fish and chips.

hold on there lad .. who said you could have a bit of fish ??

if i'd known this i'd have opted for a bit of battered cod myself but i assumed it was just to be what condiment / side do you have with your chips and now you've made it a whole different thread and i get so confused and do i really want cod ?? what if i get a bony one and a bit sticks in my throat i might choke or worse so should i have jumbo sausage but what if that isn't cooked properly and i get food poisoning or they put too much vinegar on even though i didn't ask for it and it soaks through the wrapper and makes my hands smell or worse still ruins the paper and now all my chips have fallen on the floor and if i'm not careful i might slip on them and sprain my ankle or worse i could fall and hit my head and there'd be blood everywhere and stuff and oh its not blood its tomato ketchup from the chips even though i didn't ask for any and and and :madman: :(

I walked into my local chip shop yesterday and ordered a jumbo sausage.

The owner said 'I've just put one in the fryer - it won't be long.'

I replied 'It had better be ****ing thick then.'

Back