• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chisora - a disgrace to British Boxing?

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
After totally disrespecting opponents, Chisora is now under arrest in Germany after a disgraceful brawl with David Haye during a press conference. The guy is an arrogant thug who, because he doesn't have the talent to make his results do the talking, instead uses "incidents" like this to keep himself in the headlines. I've heard calls today on SSN for him to have his licence revoked - I should think there'd be a lot of support for this.

Great fight though, I was really impressed with his performance against Klitschko. Much better than David 'my toe' Haye.

Both of them are useless boxers and shows how bad the heavyweight division has become that both have had shots for the world title. The fact that Haye always talks about himself in the 3rd person shows what a conceited knob he is who deep down is **** scared of the Klitschos. Fair enough Chisora put up a decent performance but this was against a 40yr old who is not at his peak. Both Vitali and Vladimir conduct themselves like the champions they are.

After totally disrespecting opponents, Chisora is now under arrest in Germany after a disgraceful brawl with David Haye during a press conference. The guy is an arrogant thug who, because he doesn't have the talent to make his results do the talking, instead uses "incidents" like this to keep himself in the headlines. I've heard calls today on SSN for him to have his licence revoked - I should think there'd be a lot of support for this.

Seeing as you're such as big wrestling fan I thought you'd be into all the staged 'drama'.

Both of them are useless boxers and shows how bad the heavyweight division has become that both have had shots for the world title. The fact that Haye always talks about himself in the 3rd person shows what a conceited knob he is who deep down is **** scared of the Klitschos.

South Bank Hank agrees with this.

I didn't see the fight but the slap looked really staged to me - delivered with intent but staged nonetheless. I'm not sticking up for it at all but isn't it just boxing's current crop desperately trying to create some hype and intensity for a sport/weight that's massively lacking in both?

I didn't see the fight but the slap looked really staged to me - delivered with intent but staged nonetheless. I'm not sticking up for it at all but isn't it just boxing's current crop desperately trying to create some hype and intensity for a sport/weight that's massively lacking in both?

Probably a fair point, I don't follow boxing that keenly but have an interest in it and I didn't know Chisora was fighting Klitskscho until a few days ago (complete opposite to when Haye was due to fight him). Also heard he lost his last 2 fights but had a shot at the title! How poor is the heavyweight division at the moment?

It wouldn't suprise me if the Haye incident was all staged as well, to be honest.

Seeing as you're such as big wrestling fan I thought you'd be into all the staged 'drama'.
Warren and others have confirmed this morning it wasn't staged at all. Wrestling is totally different, clearly staged and clearly done for "entertainment".

Full respect to the Klitschos slapped and spat at and they still remain calm and respectful
Indeed, conducted themselves in a way befitting what is traditionally regarded as a gentlemanly sport.

My thoughts.....

I'm not sticking up for it at all but isn't it just boxing's current crop desperately trying to create some hype and intensity for a sport/weight that's massively lacking in both?

You're spot on.

I think the HW division needs characters like this. The division is dead. The klitchko's, whilst great fighters are far from entertaining (recurring theme with me ATM) Tyson was always in the thick of it, but he made it exciting, and people paid good money to watch him. Similarly, Mayweather the best P4P of all time IMO, has made millions from his promotional antics.
Controversy sells PPV's.

How poor is the heavyweight division at the moment?

Very. It's demonstrated in the fact that Haye won a world title at that weight.

It wouldn't suprise me if the Haye incident was all staged as well, to be honest.
there is no doubt in my mind that Haye was there to purposely Stoke the fires between him & vitali.

I dislike Chisora a lot. He is a grade-A ****. I've met the guy in person last year & he was a total tool then. But he shouldn't be banned at all.

Why did Chisora say Haye has ruined Sky Box Office for everyone?

David Haye vs Dereck Chisora, July 14th, upton park. Been wanting to spread the word for weeks now!!! It's set to be announced this week coming.

Back