• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chesterfield is a step too far right now but the upcoming Wycombe fixture has always been a favourite for me. Easy to get to, cracking little club (with a history of hating Col U), nice ground, nice location, reasonable chance of points, etc.

wycombe-wanderers.jpg

I'm only looking a couple of games ahead but I know some of you will have already mapped out the year. So which games are you looking forward to? And where will you never, ever find yourself going?

Aiming to go to Newport and York (finally) of the further ones, both new grounds for us. Possibly Fleetwood, depending on how the finances are, then the more obvious ones - Wycombe, Northampton, Dagenham. Would like to do Portsmouth too if possible, shocking luck getting that on a Tuesday night.

Never say never of course, but Hartlepool is one I can't see myself getting to any time soon.

Pompey was one I had been really keen on, but rather less so now it's a Tuesday night. M25/M3 on a midweek evening. Wahey!

Barnet's relegation has robbed me of my only 'must do' fixture, although given it's only short drive for me these days, Northampton away is always on the radar.

Aiming to go to Newport and York (finally) of the further ones, both new grounds for us. Possibly Fleetwood, depending on how the finances are, then the more obvious ones - Wycombe, Northampton, Dagenham. Would like to do Portsmouth too if possible, shocking luck getting that on a Tuesday night.

Big thumbs up here for York. Definitely long weekend territory!

Wanted to do Newport but I'm best man at a wedding that day, so better not...

Big thumbs up here for York. Definitely long weekend territory!

Wanted to do Newport but I'm best man at a wedding that day, so better not...

Newport is our anniversary weekend so we're intending to make a long weekend of it, with some nice stop overs heading home.

Due to a mixture of weddings, stag dos and travelling with work - Burton away on my birthday weekend will be my first match this season.

Fleetwood/Cresswell last away game of the season = long weekend in the NW already booked.

Never say never of course, but Hartlepool is one I can't see myself getting to any time soon.

Pompey was one I had been really keen on, but rather less so now it's a Tuesday night. M25/M3 on a midweek evening. Wahey!

Barnet's relegation has robbed me of my only 'must do' fixture, although given it's only short drive for me these days, Northampton away is always on the radar.

Not this season anyway :smile:

Having done most grounds already (see sig) only really have Newport to do. My son has done 70 grounds so didnt have a lot planned but since the missus has got into it she wants to do the 92 and she has only done 20 odd so looks like many will be done again. Already went to Hartlepool, Chesterfield next on the agenda. Wont bother with the Wycombe as too close really.

Last edited:
Chesterfield, Portsmouth (New), Newport (New), Scunny, Stanley, Wimbledon, Daggers, Bristol, Rochdale, Fleetwood (weekender) then any JPT away games.

For someone who wasnt going to bother this season I seem to be going to 40% of away games :duh:

Last edited:
Newport away is the one i am most looking forward to,purely as it is a new ground for me,i am currently on 89/92.

Why is Portsmouth on a Tues,really spoilt what would have been agood turnout

Plenty of games are on Tuesday night. Guess Portsmouth makes more sense than many to be mid week as at least its still close enough to get to rather than the likes of Carlisle.

Back