• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Choose youor "Pivotal" match...

Shrimp in a Kilt

My choice has to be Swansea away.... I know that we still had a lot of ups and downs after it, but that was when I first felt the gloom start to lift, realised that we had some character in the team and that the conference wasn't a foregone conclusion.

What did it for you?

The 1.0 defeat at home to Northampton,when RM told Steve Wignall it wasn't working for him and the team.
Tilly was only a stop gap,but has proved to be a worthwhile manager with Paul Brushes experience behind him.
Its all if s and buts I know,but if I had a crystal ball,I would love to know what the position of the shrimpers would have been with Wignall in charge or Atkins even ?

The general reply will be bottom so we don't need a poll on it.

For me it was Canvey away and Jay Smith's last minute winner. If that hadn't of gone in i dread to think what might have happenned.. dumped out of the cup by our non-league neighbours, confidence shot to pieces etc etc....
Also Macc at home and Dudfield's winner less than 10 mins from time - a crucial goal in a scr*ppy relegation dogfight. That was probabably the point at which we started to put daylight between us and the bottom 2 and instilled the belief that we could stay up....

The Yeovil game away was the lowest point for me. Things were at rock bottom, we were dreadful and I honestly thought we were relegation fodder. Long live Sir Stevie Tilson though!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (OlvisIII @ April 17 2004,20:05)]The Yeovil game away was the lowest point for me.  Things were at rock bottom, we were dreadful and I honestly thought we were relegation fodder.  Long live Sir Stevie Tilson though!!
Can't disagree with that! Yeovil was an absolute shocker of a match. Canvey was a major turning point for us, but in the league I can't dispute that Swansea was a massive shot in the arm for us. At that point I believe they were in one of the playoff spots so to come away with 3 points after having 3 men sent off was a massive achievement!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matty the Shrimper @ April 17 2004,20:00)]QPR. Thats when we really bedded down as a team
I vote QPR too. We had just lost to Scarborough in the Cup, and then Donny had done us over very professionally at Roots Hall 2-0. We looked down in the dumps, and I remember thinking that someone would probably get tonked 4-0 in the LDV the following Tuesday.

Just didn't think it would be QPR...

wow.gif
tounge.gif

So far as this season is concerned, we haven't looked back since.

smile.gif

Matt

4-0 v Rochdale. The hall was full of "Stanlery fever" and for the first time since the opening day we saw what we knew the players could do. More specifically, I think the pivotal moment was when Rochdale missed the penalty at the end of the first half. We'd missed so many up to then, and if that had gone in, I think the 2nd half would have been a different story.

Back