• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Choosing the right Mattress

The wife and I have decided we need a new/better mattress.

We both suffer quite badly from back/neck pain as a result of our jobs, and so I think getting a decent mattress to help our bodies is a must.

However, the question "What is the best mattress for back pain?" doesn't seem to give an easy or definative answer, so I have decided to ask the good people of SZ for your thoughts.

Anyone had similar troubles, and found a good mattress make/type help?

Orthapedic? Isn't that what they're for?

This was my original thought, but I read on a "spine health" article, that no extensive tests/research have actually been done, so those claiming to be orthapedic, are just claiming it.

This is why I thought I'd try and get the experience of some people.

I'd recommend Bensons for Beds who have a 5 grade system to try and find the right firmness of mattress for you. The hardest isn't necessarily the best for people with back problems.

Adult_bed_bug,_Cimex_lectularius.jpg

Get a water bed. Amazingly good. We've had one for about 20 years which we have recently changed to a higher slightly firmer version. Can be quite expensive but will never wear out and you won't get any bed bugs either. A mattress wont give your back full support and will sag over a period of time. A water bed won't.

Go and have a look here http://www.letsgo2bed.com/

Adult_bed_bug,_Cimex_lectularius.jpg

Get a water bed. Amazingly good. We've had one for about 20 years which we have recently changed to a higher slightly firmer version. Can be quite expensive but will never wear out and you won't get any bed bugs either. A mattress wont give your back full support and will sag over a period of time. A water bed won't.

Go and have a look here http://www.letsgo2bed.com/

You were mugged off there.

Surely if you want a firmer water bed you could have just filled your old one with hard water?

I have just bought a new bed from Benson's and went for the second hardest mattress.

It's very comfortable.

We had exactly the same problem last year and look at what seemed hundreds of mattresses. We eventually narrowed it down to three potential mattresses and we done this by visiting showrooms and trying them out. When we decided I came home and looked online for the same ones. One of the mattresses we could not get on line as it was exclusive to Bensons but, Sealy informed us of the alternative and I managed to get a mattress that was being sold in Bensons for £1200 online for £550. So it is worth checking on,one first. We went for a orthopaedic with a latex top.

Orthopaedic means nothing , it's just a word they out on front of a mattress. Depending on your problems you and your wife may in fact need different types if mattress and I would suggest that the neck part of things would be more down to your pillows and how they are arrange rather than the mattress.

Fat Mattress they were a band from the 60s Noel Redding who was with Jimi Hendrix was a member of them .

Back