• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Napster

No ⭐
Meanwhile, Argyle defender Chris Barker is waiting to find out whether his loan move to Southend United will be extended.

His initial one-month spell with Paul Sturrock's League Two club ended after the Shrimpers' 2-0 win at Bradford City on Friday.

Barker, 30, has been told by Reid he has no future at Home Park.

That was further emphasised when the versatile defender trained with the Pilgrims' youth squad yesterday.

Sturrock signed Barker for Argyle from Queens Park Rangers in August 2008.

They were reunited at Southend when Barker moved to the Essex club a week before the start of the season.

Barker has started all six of the Shrimpers' matches this term — four in League Two and two in the Carling Cup.

"I would like to keep him but the finance will dictate the situation," said Sturrock. "We are in discussions with Plymouth and the lad."

At first, Barker played at left-back for Southend, but has since moved into the centre of defence.

Sturrock added: "I had Chris playing there for a while with Plymouth and he does a good job."

A deal for Barker may just have got a bit closer if the following turns out to be true.

1315: Plymouth are set to sign Guadeloupe-born defender Stephane Zubar by the end of the day. The 23-year-old, whose brother Ronald plays for Wolves, has played in France, Belgium and Romania.

A deal for Barker may just have got a bit closer if the following turns out to be true.

1315: Plymouth are set to sign Guadeloupe-born defender Stephane Zubar by the end of the day. The 23-year-old, whose brother Ronald plays for Wolves, has played in France, Belgium and Romania.

this will have no bearing on whether we can afford him or not (unfortunately)

Good news - well done Chris, you know it makes sense :)

I wonder whether we could have stayed up with him and Moshni last year?

Fantastic news for both parties. Barker was clearly keen to stay and he has struck up a very decent partnership with Moshni. Hopefully continue the positive wave tonight - be good to get to Wembley!

Delighted with that. Makes me wonder if we really needed one from Phillips/Prosser/Coughlan in hindsight.

I'm glad we've got Coughlan as he's extremely experienced - a solid reliable lower league defender who will I think move into management. He'll help organise our defence on the training pitch and lead by example there and in the dressing room.

I'm glad we've got Coughlan as he's extremely experienced - a solid reliable lower league defender who will I think move into management. He'll help organise our defence on the training pitch and lead by example there and in the dressing room.

Can only judge on the one game I have seen him (Port Vale) but I thought he was woeful. That said that day so was everyone.

It does however mean that one from him/prosser/phillips is now 5th in the pecking order which seems a bit extravagent to me for a side which also boast three lefts backs.

I think the squad was stale to the core personally. I doubt even Lionel Messi could have saved us.

Messi is overrated anyway. He's no Scott Vernon

Delighted with that. Makes me wonder if we really needed one from Phillips/Prosser/Coughlan in hindsight.

I thought Coughlan was a great signing tbh - and assumed he'd have more of a leading role. I was a bit concerned about Phillips though. But I guess it's good to have cover / competition.

great deal really pleased! sorry moaning minnies, credit ron and sturrock again for managing to get a class championship defender to lg2 and on a 2 year deal.

Back