• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Chris Iwelumo does not understand Southend United's interest in Henrik Larsson

Mind your own business chris....

And also. Wade through 700 spammy clickbait banner adverts and answer a question to read this article?

I know you need ad revenue in this day and age but your website is absurd.

Mind your own business chris....

And also. Wade through 700 spammy clickbait banner adverts and answer a question to read this article?

I know you need ad revenue in this day and age but your website is absurd.

The Chairman's decision-making will take a bit of explaining. There were very real alternatives to Henrik Larrson, who has an average managerial record in Sweden, and will be more expensive than many of the alternatives in the UK with stronger managerial credentials in Division 1.

The only thing Chris knows is how to miss a goal from two yards for Scotland ?

I don’t understand Chris Iwelumo’s interest in Southend United’s interest in Henrik Larsson.

**** off Iwelumo!

I love the irony ( not that he meant it), quoting Campbell as an example of a manager we should take on and in the same breath saying we shouldn’t take on anyone with no experience of the league.
Can someone remind him of Campbell’s league 2 experience before taking on Macclesfield?

I just can’t understand why Chris Phillips thought talking to him was in any way relevant to anything.

I think Iwelumo is Swedish (half swede) or once played in Sweden. That is why he is uniquely qualified to offer "perspective".

I just can’t understand why Chris Phillips thought talking to him was in any way relevant to anything.
From the article....."But, talking on Talksport, Iwelumo felt Blues would be better off looking elsewhere. " CP just picking up on what was said elsewhere. He didn't talk to Iwelumo. I guess everyone is allowed to have an opinion. Whether that opinion counts for anything is another matter...and in this case I don't think it does.

I think Iwelumo is Swedish (half swede) or once played in Sweden. That is why he is uniquely qualified to offer "perspective".

His father is Nigerian and mother Scottish. He played in Denmark and Germany early in his career but I don't think he ever played in Sweden. Having said which I agree with what he is saying on this subject.

In fairness, if Chris Iwelumo had said “it’s none of my business” when asked the question, Talksport might not be in a major hurry to invite him back. They might want to look at the inconsistency of his answer and draw the same conclusion but that’s not the point.

I don't understand why people would chose to support Col Ewe Chris. I imagine it's a form of mental illness.

Chris Iwelumo obviously has nothing better to talk about. Sounds like he is saying we should employ one of the many managers who exist in League 1 & 2 and never progress further.
I think taking a punt on someone and something different is a gamble, but it's a gamble worth taking.

Sorry Chris, if we stick with the journeyman managers who seem to move around from club to club then we will not move forward.

Back