• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Chris Iwelumo does not understand Southend United's interest in Henrik Larsson

Usual overreaction. Iwelumo is a radio/TV pundit and has appeared on many episodes of the EFL show. He was asked the question and he gave his opinion; that’s what pundits do.

I don’t think anyone minds him answering a question but why the Echo felt it was valid news for them to print is beyond me.

I don’t think anyone minds him answering a question but why the Echo felt it was valid news for them to print is beyond me.

Lots of people mind him answering a question - see umpteen defensive responses to this thread above.
The Echo has hovered close to the line on this managerial appointment issue - the club obviously think this too given their 'new manager won't be chosen by the Echo' comment. Difficult to remain impartial to be fair when you're a fan first and foremost - which CP clearly is.

we've made the big league lads! Every time any foreign manager gets linked to any job in this country one or more pundits will be making this point. Usually Merson, but good to have a new face doing it.

Maybe the new managers buddies have some real money like Bournemouth and Brentford and turn us into a championship club with a great stadium and decent players (or maybe not ) I dont want to go div 2 its nasty

Chris Iwelumo obviously has nothing better to talk about. Sounds like he is saying we should employ one of the many managers who exist in League 1 & 2 and never progress further.
I think taking a punt on someone and something different is a gamble, but it's a gamble worth taking.

Sorry Chris, if we stick with the journeyman managers who seem to move around from club to club then we will not move forward.
I dont think either Sol Campbell or Neil Harris can be classified as journeyman managers as both have only managed 1 club each

...and who the **** asked you, anyway? What a *****
Talk Radio asked him. I would imagine a number of other people would say exactly the same. The good news is that nothIng in football is ever certain and whatever happens in the next few months it’s got to be more fun than the last...

Loads of foreign managers in the league's.

Loads of ex players managing big clubs etc.

It's a complete nothing piece from a complete nothing of a former player.

Back