• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pubey

To all the Morris fans out there... i know there are a few

courtesy of PopBitch

>> Brass neck <<
BBC say Airline Plot good, Morris bad?

Chris Morris. Role model for news and comedy
shows on TV. He has a brilliant new show idea.
The Brass Eye provocateur has written a comedy
about a Jihadi wannabe suicide bomber cell
in the North of England. It's funny and topical.
The perfect TV show? Well, maybe to you and me.
To the BBC and C4, the channels we hear he
offered it to, it's not. They've said no to it.
Possibly too scared at the subject content?

Did you see the recent "Airline Plot" terror trial?
The jury didn't convict but on the same day, the
BBC thought it was appropriate to use their news
programmes to attack that jury, and put out a
Panorama show called "The Airline Plot" -
when a jury had decided that no such plot existed.
And Morris can't get his show commissioned!

You got to love some of the reasoning behind this . We didnt get the conviction we wanted so were making you do it again untill you get it right .

which suggests they either didnt provide sufficenet evidence in the first , or their was alittle or no case and they kind of hoped they could just bluff Joe public (like thats never happened before ;) )

char_denholm.jpg

"Show my programme!"

Whoops there goes our democracy and justice system.

doh ! Actually to be fair to the judisery they are far less poltically minded then made out. They really do only care about the letter of the law and propably have a better understanding of day to day live then your average MP.

There was a very good piece in The Guardian Guide a few weeks ago that suggested that there is now no room for Chris Morris in today's world. The genius of The Day Today was in taking the worrying trends of mass media and pushing them towards a farcical conclusion. Sadly, anyone who has watched Sky News recently will know that Morris wasn't even close.

"And now over to The News Wall!"

also, The Day Today (2 DVD boxset) is £6.99 from HMV with free delivery

There was a very good piece in The Guardian Guide a few weeks ago that suggested that there is now no room for Chris Morris in today's world. The genius of The Day Today was in taking the worrying trends of mass media and pushing them towards a farcical conclusion. Sadly, anyone who has watched Sky News recently will know that Morris wasn't even close.

"And now over to The News Wall!"

I read that too. Scary times.

When I first watched "The Day Today" and it seemed ridiculous. Now, it looks scarily realistic.

Having this discussion is kind of great though, as I'd been looking for an opportunity to post this beauty earlier on today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn9mpQitF6c

I ought to point this out too. The best critique I've ever seen on televisual media in this country - Charlie Brooker's episode of Screenwipe which examines rolling news channels.

Parts 2 & 3 are in the related video box:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLdHWng-3v8

If you're having a slow Friday, its the best half hour you'll ever invest in

I ought to point this out too. The best critique I've ever seen on televisual media in this country - Charlie Brooker's episode of Screenwipe which examines rolling news channels.

Parts 2 & 3 are in the related video box:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLdHWng-3v8

If you're having a slow Friday, its the best half hour you'll ever invest in

oh yes, it's all about Screenwipe (also check out Brookers books Screen Burn and Dawn of the Dumb)

There were rumours of a new series of The Day Today the other year.

I would love this more than almost anything else in the world...

that Bill O'Reilly clip at about 6mins in is teh most unbelievable piece of TV you'll ever see

that Bill O'Reilly clip at about 6mins in is teh most unbelievable piece of TV you'll ever see

Him in a room and Sarah Palin. One bullet. No way of lining them up in a row.

Which one?

God, I'd forgotten how awesome this episode was...

The bit about Maddy is shocking too

"Joining us now is Harold Pintess....Harold....Harold Pinter has just died.....Harold Pinter has won the Nobel Prize. Sorry about that."

The only justification for not turning over the entire TV schedule to Morris, is that in BrassEye he's already created a series that can't be improved on.

Back