• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chris Morris news!!!!

Pubey

Chris Morris has been spotted by my mate in Sheffield filming something... apparently a couple of SAS guys have been running around in the city centre and Morris is there directing!

I'm leaving work early to try and have a butchers. I would expect it's something to do with his Terrorism/Comedy show that's he's been rumoured to be working on

Chris Morris has been spotted by my mate in Sheffield filming something... apparently a couple of SAS guys have been running around in the city centre and Morris is there directing!

I'm leaving work early to try and have a butchers. I would expect it's something to do with his Terrorism/Comedy show that's he's been rumoured to be working on

Fantastic news! This guy is a genius...

didn't seem him in the end, but fantastic news that filming is underway, apparently he's in sheffield for the next few weeks.

Four Lions:

"Following rumours in the press and online, Warpfilms can confirm that Chris Morris' comedy about british jihadis is being made by Warpfilms as an independently funded cinema feature. The script has been written by Chris in collaboration with Jesse Armstrong and Sam Bain and is now ready to shoot. Production will begin as soon as we are fully funded. To that end we are running a number of investment schemes including donations which give you the chance to be in the film.

Online:
http://www.throughsilver.eu/2008/09/morris2.html

In the press:
http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/2...or_cinema.html

This from the administrator of the Warp Film facebook page:

"Many people have asked us exactly what the Four Lions project is. Clearly we can't launch the film before its been shot, but I've pulled together a few paragraphs from the paperwork that's been flying around. Its shameless hype but its accurate – unlike almost everything you will have read in the press. No one who has read the script could disagree with a word here.
In three years of research, Chris Morris has spoken to terrorism experts, imams, police, secret services and hundreds of Muslims. Even those who have trained and fought jihad report the frequency of farce. At training camps young jihadis argue about honey, cry for their mums, shoot each other's feet off, chase snakes and get thrown out for smoking. A minute into his martyrdom video, a would-be bomber looks puzzled and says "what was the question again?" On millennium eve, five jihadis set out to ram a US warship. They slipped their boat into the water and carefully stacked it with explosives. It sank.

Terrorist cells have the same group dynamics as stag parties and five a side football teams. There is conflict, friendship, misunderstanding and rivalry. Terrorism is about ideology, but it's also about berks.
Four Lions is a funny, thrilling fictional story that illuminates modern British jihad with an insight beyond anything else in our culture. It plunges us beyond seeing these young men as unfathomably alien. It undermines the folly of just wishing them away or alienating the entire culture from which they emerge. It understands how terrorism relates to testosterone. It understands jihadis as human beings. And it understands human beings as innately ridiculous. As Spinal Tap understood heavy metal and Dr Strangelove the Cold War, Four Lions understands modern British jihadis."

Back