• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Badger74

Manager
Why keep going on about November being a bad month for the last 6 years.

Are you trying to get in the players heads or what

Go and run another marathon and keep running - fool

Chris loves his facts, especially negative ones. It was only a few weeks ago he was banging on about our terrible defensive record despite it being over a small handful of games including four of our toughest away games of the season.

First, he gets grief for reporting the Mohsni incident.

Now for quoting some facts about a our recent November hoodoo.

What else shall we ban him from reporting on, red cards, losses, no pictures allowed in the paper of players unless they're smiling and handing over flowers to children. We can't just dictate what the papers report about us, to make us look good.

For all we know, it could work the other way and spur to players on to ensure we smash the recent November hoodoo, it seems to have done the trick with Hall.

Jesus he's only doing his job! Its his job to find interesting slants for his stories and the fact we've been poor in November over a number of years is something to write about. There can't be any more to it than just coincidence and perhaps a tough set of fixtures so there's no reason it can't be put right this year. Chill out.

What else shall we ban him from reporting on, red cards, losses, no pictures allowed in the paper of players unless they're smiling and handing over flowers to children. We can't just dictate what the papers report about us, to make us look good.

For all we know, it could work the other way and spur to players on to ensure we smash the recent November hoodoo, it seems to have done the trick with Hall.

If it's fine for him to say it then surely it's fine for us to moan about it?

I personally think Chris Phillips (who I dont know personally) does a great job.

Sometimes we can get 3/4 stories via the Echo, you can get tweets answered at midnight, he has done a great job I think.

He is only reporting the fact. If he said its Fergies 25th year in charge at Man U and they only side he has never beaten is Southend you would love it.

Someone's not paying attention. How many times has the Echo managed to print a report of a Southend loss the last couple of months eh?

I personally think Chris Phillips (who I dont know personally) does a great job.

Sometimes we can get 3/4 stories via the Echo, you can get tweets answered at midnight, he has done a great job I think.

He is only reporting the fact. If he said its Fergies 25th year in charge at Man U and they only side he has never beaten is Southend you would love it.
Well I do know him, and count him as a mate. He takes great pride in his job and as others have said, he's only doing the best he can in the circumstances. Get off his back (not you DtS).

I think what Badger was referring to is its about 3 times he's mentioned it so far this month and its only the 4th today

I think what Badger was referring to is its about 3 times he's mentioned it so far this month and its only the 4th today

Think that's the key here. Sometimes the Echo are a bit like the Daily Mail when things are going well they need to look at a negative angle. I know they are facts but they could be just ignored and not brought to our attention.

Some of you make me laugh so much
While others of you don't.

Think that's the key here. Sometimes the Echo are a bit like the Daily Mail when things are going well they need to look at a negative angle. I know they are facts but they could be just ignored and not brought to our attention.
But sometimes you need to be brought down to ground and given a reality check? It's not because he is pessimistic, but a trend is worth recognising.

Back