• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pubey

On twitter someone has had a go at Phillips for his player marks out of 10. I can't find the marks he gave on the (terrible) Echo website. Anyone got them?

25ge1iu.png

Chris Philips is a joke, and not a very funny one.

Looks like its not just "someone" but Mark Phillips our CB!

But surely as a reporter CP marks players as he sees it. We all give the players marks on here, more often than not they are very different one person to the next. There have been times especially when marking straker, that one person gives him a 4 and another a 7. We all see it differently thats the beauty of football, all about opinions. CP marked all the team high on Saturday, therefore if people are complaining about that then you wonder why he bothers. Then classic shrimpermoan, someone starts a thread about it!

But surely as a reporter CP marks players as he sees it. We all give the players marks on here, more often than not they are very different one person to the next. There have been times especially when marking straker, that one person gives him a 4 and another a 7. We all see it differently thats the beauty of football, all about opinions. CP marked all the team high on Saturday, therefore if people are complaining about that then you wonder why he bothers. Then classic shrimpermoan, someone starts a thread about it!

Hi Chris!:smile:

On twitter someone has had a go at Phillips for his player marks out of 10. I can't find the marks he gave on the (terrible) Echo website. Anyone got them?

25ge1iu.png
Haven't got them to hand as I left my paper on the train this morning. From what I can remember, no-one of the starting XI got less than a 7, with 2 or 3 (Prosser and Leonard for definite) getting 8's. All of the subs got a 6

If only there was a website where you could post match ratings .... :whistling:

Are we moaning about Chris Phillips moaning about people moaning ?

I think we've moved onto moaning about people who are moaning about Chris Phillips moaning about people moaning .... oh no we've broken the internet!!

Haven't got them to hand as I left my paper on the train this morning. From what I can remember, no-one of the starting XI got less than a 7, with 2 or 3 (Prosser and Leonard for definite) getting 8's. All of the subs got a 6

cheers:smile:

Whisper it very quietly , but , and I don't really want to break too many hearts , but marks / scores / ratings don't actually mean anything.............................
Apologies in advance if I've upset anyone.

p.s. Please rate my post , but out of 48 please.

Can't wait for Phillips' tweets moaning about this thread moaning about Phillips moaning about other people moaning to him about his moaning.

Whisper it very quietly , but , and I don't really want to break too many hearts , but marks / scores / ratings don't actually mean anything.............................
Apologies in advance if I've upset anyone.

p.s. Please rate my post , but out of 48 please.

Ive never really understood how anyone can mark all 11 players accurately hence I dont ever mark them in our own match ratings thread.

PS 34 out of 48.

I personally thought it was one of the top 3 team performances I have ever seen from watching Southend from the Seventies.
The only player I would have given less than 8 was our goalkeeper, but that was because he didn't have much to do. No one had a bad game, and there were quite a few I would have given a 9.

Ive never really understood how anyone can mark all 11 players accurately hence I dont ever mark them in our own match ratings thread.

PS 34 out of 48.

I think Leonard is the only player quick enough to simultaneously mark 11 players.

PS 34 out of 48.

That is a joke surely ?
I worked my socks off writing that , what the hell were you reading !!
Must be high 30's to low 40's ?

Back