• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ChrisP1982

Schoolboy
To Shrimperzoners,

It's Chris Phillips here from the Echo, on the scrounge I'm afraid.

In April I will be running more than 30 miles to raise money for the Bobby Moore Fund in memory of my former colleague at the paper Dick Marshall who sadly passed away last June.

My run will start at Billericay Town FC before going on to Concord Rangers and Canvey Island before finishing at Great Wakering Rovers.

These were all clubs that Dick covered during his long association with the Echo.

I have set up a justgiving page to make donating to the charity easier and hope people on here will be able to help me make as much money as possible.

Hope you don't mind me posting on here,

Chris

www.justgiving.com/nonleaguemarathon

Absolutely superb cause. I'd wager most of us on here probably know or know of someone personally who has suffered from this terrible illness. My aunt died of it last year so I know just how it affects people's lives.

Will donate when I get a chance. Best of luck with the run. Rather you than me! :clap:

Done Chris. Good luck.

Great cause and really well thought out challenge!
Are you running with anyone else or on your own?

Haha, well I'll run it much faster if I'm with Barry!
And I think I'm doing the run mostly on my own but have people cycling alongside me (mainly for directions!).
Some of Dick's family may be joining me for parts of the route as well.
Thank you so much for the sponsorship too. I really appreciate it.

This is on Saturday and it would be great if anyone else would be able to sponsor me.

Thanks again for your support,

Chris

Back