• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

londonblue

Topgun Pilot
This will make an interesting (potential) confict of interest when we play AFC Wimbledon:

Chris continues his renowned fundamentalist fascination with Wimbledon’s football club having supported Wimbledon since the non-league days of the 1970s regularly at the Plough Lane ground with his beloved grandfather, following the club right to the top flight English Premier League. During the Premiership years in the '90s, he was stadium host at Selhurst Park, and when the club was sold down the river by the FA over Wimbledon’s move to Milton Keynes, he became a founder and board member of AFC Wimbledon. He’s still a hands-on fan, having been present from the very first AFC Wimbledon league game right up to their recent promotion from the Blue Square Premier to the Football League. He continues to announce at the stadium on match days wherever possible.

(From his Jazz FM biography.)

This will make an interesting (potential) confict of interest when we play AFC Wimbledon:

(From his Jazz FM biography.)

Besides the fact it's blatently not the Echo's Chris Phillips?

*Waits to be told I've been :net:*

Apparently it is him. (According to him on Twitter anyway...) Not phishing, I just think it will be interesting to see his article after the match...will we be able to detect a slightly less pro-Southend angle, or will he be able to maintain his bias in a professional way, i.e. will his head rule his heart?

Apparently it is him. (According to him on Twitter anyway...) Not phishing, I just think it will be interesting to see his article after the match...will we be able to detect a slightly less pro-Southend angle, or will he be able to maintain his bias in a professional way, i.e. will his head rule his heart?

He can't have been supporting Wimbledon in the 70s though. He wasn't born then.

Haha, as if you think that's actually me!!!!<BR>

I wasn't even born in the 1970s!

Haha, as if you think that's actually me!!!!<BR>

I wasn't even born in the 1970s!

In that case someone on Twitter has fooled me...

Never mind...

Not only that but...also a ice hockey star!

Chris Phillips (born March 9, 1978) is a Canadian professional ice hockey player currently playing for the Ottawa Senators of the National Hockey League (NHL). He has been a member of the Ottawa Senators for his entire career, which began with the 1997&#8211;98 season. He also serves as their alternate captain and is regarded as a stay-at-home defenceman. The Senators drafted him first overall in the 1996 NHL Entry Draft. He was raised in Fort McMurray, Alberta.

Problem is I won't get to hear it. I live in London...well Hertfordshire nowadays...

Think people really need to realise that not everything posted on forums or twitter is genuine. Its even easier now to spread nonsense and many are posting "factual" information from a mate of theirs , eg who saw CP in Sainsburies which is clearly being shown out to be untrue.

Back