• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chris Powell

Chris is not in the top 6 in betting now. Favourite is Alan Pardew, with a female who manages Chelsea Ladies as second favourite. Would be ground breaking if she gets the job.

Chris is not in the top 6 in betting now. Favourite is Alan Pardew, with a female who manages Chelsea Ladies as second favourite. Would be ground breaking if she gets the job.

If Pardew gets it wonder if he will get Powell in as his assistant again?

She says they can’t afford her ,and y would she want to manage men

Cowley brothers are in the running according to the Evening Standard

Emma Hayes has gone on record saying she isn't interested. She's turned down the England women's job before, she's always been committed to Chelsea Ladies and I suspect they pay her more than Wimbledon would be able to anyway. If you do want an example of a woman managing a men's professional team Corinne Diacre was manager of second tier French side Clermont Foot for 3 seasons and only left because France offered her a lot of money to be the women's manager.

Last edited:
Hope it works out for cp. He would of done good job for us if it wasn't for those injuries. Should of stuck by him.

I would love to know how it would have turned out had we stuck with him. At the end of his tenure he was like a broken man.

I would love to know how it would have turned out had we stuck with him. At the end of his tenure he was like a broken man.
Those injuries would of been horrendous to any team, let alone southend! The hopper injury started the downward spiral I think.

I think without a doubt, with hindsight, very few Southend fans would’ve called so strongly for his sacking had they knew what lay ahead. We were mid table in league 1, just starting to fall away but I strongly believe we’d have stayed up with CP. I just wish we (and Ron) had rallied behind him more. Wish him all the best.

I think without a doubt, with hindsight, very few Southend fans would’ve called so strongly for his sacking had they knew what lay ahead. We were mid table in league 1, just starting to fall away but I strongly believe we’d have stayed up with CP. I just wish we (and Ron) had rallied behind him more. Wish him all the best.
Maybe CP got out the right time though. The off field problems would of still happened regardless.

20th and outside the relegation zone by goal difference is a new way to present mid table

Emma Hayes has gone on record saying she isn't interested. She's turned down the England women's job before, she's always been committed to Chelsea Ladies and I suspect they pay her more than Wimbledon would be able to anyway. If you do want an example of a woman managing a men's professional team Corinne Diacre was manager of second tier French side Clermont Foot for 3 seasons and only left because France offered her a lot of money to be the women's manager.

Cherie Lunghi for AFC.

Back