• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chris Powell

I think Brentford look much longer term to fill a position in their structure rather than casting around for a flavour of the month like other teams

Happen to think the Brentford job is one of the best in English football at the moment. I appreciate you don't get full control, but I believe the Head Coach is very much involved in all football related decisions and they're patient with who they appoint. A very innovative club who seem have worked out a very good structure for them. The kind of club we should be looking at for inspiration in all honesty.

Brentford won’t be looking at our league position to make a judgement on CP.

They will look at the likes of Dru as a guide to developing talent because that fits in with their business model.

Which is why they illegally offered Bentley a contract a full 2 years before he signed.

CP is doing ok for us but not to the level Championship clubs are going to come calling. I think he’ll be with us for a while yet.

I’d be very surprised if Powell took this job.

This. and that's not even a sly jab at the man. He was literally sacked 2 weeks ago because he had a club nose diving towards relegation.

Indeed. Football management must be the only job (bar Politics) where you can screw up and yet still be considered to be the favourite for a job. We should celebrate our chairman who at least thinks "outside the box".

Last edited:
It is a merry-go-round, you get a few new managers, and some retire, but the same old names go from club to club for years, it seems at all levels.

I see Walsall have named Martin O'Connor as manager until the end of the season.

Indeed. Football management must be the only job (bar Politics) where you can screw up and yet still be considered to be the favourite for a job. We should celebrate our chairman who at least thinks "outside the box".

Unfortunately so did most of our team, until the Fleetwood game.

Its a funny old game. Don't forget CP came to us a year ago as we were plunging towards relegation and look what happened. Its all about momentum. He could easily do it again elsewhere, although I'll admit it probably wouldn't have excited the Walsall fans any more than we'd be if we'd taken on someone who'd just been sacked for that reason.

FORMER Southend United manager Chris Powell will join Gareth’s Southgate’s England coaching staff through to next summer’s European Championships.

More...

Back