• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I think the key is that we have to get our expectations right on this one. I think we got them wrong under PB.

Powelly may well lose more games than he wins between now and the end of the season and it might take him 18-24 months to get everything right.

As long as RM and the fans accept that, then he will have time to grow into the job.

Last edited:
Patience is key. We may well lose on Saturday, in fact we may well lose a few in the next month or so. It's a tough start - Scunthorpe, Peterborough, Wigan, Portsmouth - all very good sides for this level. What is important is that we stay in this division, with this squad and under Powell I'm confident we'll do that and build from there but the new management team will need time to get things right. There's no magic wand in this situation.

Chris Powell has no responsibility for where we find ourselves. Judgment will be made about the quality of players he starts to bring in to the club.

Patience is key. We may well lose on Saturday, in fact we may well lose a few in the next month or so. It's a tough start - Scunthorpe, Peterborough, Wigan, Portsmouth - all very good sides for this level. What is important is that we stay in this division, with this squad and under Powell I'm confident we'll do that and build from there but the new management team will need time to get things right. There's no magic wand in this situation.

You can't get a much tougher start. Saying that we should be strong enough to give anyone in this league a tough time at roots hall. We were unbeaten for a long time until PB started fiddling around with the tactics.

Back