• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Christian Walton

He would surely prefer Portsmouth to us. Closer and a bigger club.

Would love him for a season but always a bit unsure about a loan keeper as your first choice as they can alway be recalled, as Luton found out last season.

Walton had his shakey moments, thought he was poor at Charlton away. If Oxley comes back to where he was at just before his injury I'd prefer Oxley

Walton is a great prospect, that's why he is at Brighton but Oxley was starting to look the part, only conceded 5 goals in his last 10 L1 games and we never lost any of them.

Fair to say we would have easily gained that extra point had he not been injured.

Walton is a great prospect, that's why he is at Brighton but Oxley was starting to look the part, only conceded 5 goals in his last 10 L1 games and we never lost any of them.

Fair to say we would have easily gained that extra point had he not been injured.

the improvement in Oxley was remarkable last season and give me great hope for this coming season

Has just signed a new 4 year contract at Brighton .Good luck to the lad he is a very good keeper and should go on in his career . he proved what a good keeper he is while on loan to us .Very vocal for one so young .

Pompey have signed Luke McGee from Spurs ( was at Peterborough on loan last season) so I don't think Walton will be going there. Brighton say they will be sending him out on loan somewhere though.

Signed a new 4 year deal at Brighton as well so shows they value him as a prospect.

was given a bit of stick yesterday when he took his place in the South Stand goal

was given a bit of stick yesterday when he took his place in the South Stand goal
Unnecessary, in my opinion. A loanee who came in and did his best. Didn't have to do much apart from pick the ball out of the net really, don't remember a good deal of saving, but he did claim a lot of high balls from crosses, corners and the like.

Yeah I agree, he didn't deserve the abuse. He did an ok job for us, in his brief time, not to mention he let in 3 goals on Saturday in the process.

Walton looked like a different player on Saturday in my opinion. When he was with us he was quite assured and confident, whereas on Saturday he looked hurried and a bit nervous, especially in the first half.

I would have taken him over Oxley during his loan spell, but on Saturday's showing, no thanks. Oxley is a class act now.

Goes against his current stats. An awesome keeper imo. I would love to have him on our books. Luckily for us, he had an off day on Saturday.

I didn't hear anything myself but giving stick to ex players like Nicky Bailey is one thing. Giving it to an ex loanee, and a short term one at that, is beyond childish.

Took me a while to actually clock it was him. I thought he did well here in what must have been odd circumstances first of all to sign on the morning of your debut, but I thought he looked like a bag of nerves on Saturday.

Goes against his current stats. An awesome keeper imo. I would love to have him on our books. Luckily for us, he had an off day on Saturday.

Bit harsh. Nothing he could do about the first and the second was probably our slickest and fastest finish all season. Yes he did parry the 3rd but so would most keepers, luckily for us Kightly was alive and still smashed it in very sharply.

Back