• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The General

The Mouse (*)
Just thought i'd be nosey and ask, "What does everyone do on X-mas day!?"

This year for me sees my Nan and G'dad coming round at about 11(ish) and whenever me and brother wake up will be pressie opening time.

We'll have dinner at about 2pm and finish an hour later.

**sexiest pig alert** The women can do the washing up ... while the gents take Tessa out for a walk!!

We'll come home and then open 'Tree presents' which are just smaller things.

Now comes my favourite bit. Betting and gambling. As some know, i like a bet or five but playing cards with the family is like taking money from a baby. No effort needed. Simple.

Go to bed and then wake up the next day and make sure im at Asda before 11am and wait for the coach. That will be no problem as i dont drink with my family. Not sure why but it just isn't very enjoyable. Wierd kid!!

biggrin.gif

... is this what everyone else does ...

Kev

I'll prob be out of bed by 8am and be drunk by 10 - am
biggrin.gif

I think xmas day is worse for us women as we have to do the washing up all the time when the males pass out infront of the tv. Takes the ****......

I'll be woken up ridiculously early cos the missus is such a big kid and i'll the move to the sofa to open presents, which will be socks and chocolate. I'll watch some cr*p telly til about 1-ish when i shall be putting the chefs hat on to do a dinner of roast chicken, roast potatoes, peas, carrots, parsnips, yorkshire puds, and sausages wrapped in bacon. Washing up will be left til whenever we can be arsed which is the norm in our house. I will then watch more cr*p telly and phone all my relatives to say merry xmas and thanks for the socks. All this will be done whilst working my way through the crate of bud that i bought last week.

Bah f**king humbug!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Dec. 18 2003,14:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Dec. 18 2003,14:32)]I'll be woken up ridiculously early cos the missus is such a big kid
Steve, are we going out with the same girl?
So you're him! I knew it!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Dec. 18 2003,14:36)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Dec. 18 2003,14:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Dec. 18 2003,14:32)]I'll be woken up ridiculously early cos the missus is such a big kid
Steve, are we going out with the same girl?
So you're him! I knew it!
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

To be fair, i'll be lashed on xmas eve and won't wanna get up early but she won't be and so will be up to see if Santa's been....

Get up about 8 ish to watch the kids faces when they see all the pressies under the tree, and then be told they can't open them till after lunch.
Open first beer of the day - Youngs Christmas pudding ale.
If cold make mulled wine
Open red wine for lunch time - Spanish Catalonian (Torres)
Cook lunch - Roast duck, roast pots, carrots, peas, parsnips - followed by lemon meringue.
Coffee and choccys
treat myself to a large Brandy or Port
Open pressies with rest of family
Finish off washing up and sit down for the rest of the day drinking something alcoholic and watching TV.

Easy answer, just get her cr*p presents, then when you have a row you can storm off to bed.....
laugh.gif

Where you off to Xmas eve?

I'll probably be up around 9ish, shower, cooked brekkie then when everyone's up and with it we usually open ONE present each, just to get us going.
Watch TV, do nothing, eat a fat roast, do more nothing or TV watching, then when the girls have done the washing up, we open the remaining presents, one by one, taking it in turns to really drag it out.
Then its pretty much dozing in front of the TV..................

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Dec. 18 2003,14:45)]Where you off to Xmas eve?
I'm staying at the (future) in-laws on, wait for it, the Rock of Canvey.............

so we're possibly venturing over to the Haystack.......

I'll be handing out presents on the childrens ward at Southend hospital and then I'll be donating a kidney and a lung on a first come, first served basis.

Get up early, walk over to my lad's home and watch him open his presents. Get a warm glow over me but it then disappears just as quickly as I watch him go off in the car with his Mum as they drive over to his grandparents house.

Breaks my bloody heart every bloody year.
sad.gif
But when you have the choice of a child being brought up with 2 unhappy parents all the time or 1 happy parent all the time it's the price you pay.
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Groyne Strain @ Dec. 18 2003,14:51)]Get up early, walk over to my lad's home and watch him open his presents.  Get a warm glow over me but it then disappears just as quickly as I watch him go off in the car with his Mum as they drive over to his grandparents house.

Breaks my bloody heart every bloody year.    
sad.gif
  But when you have the choice of a child being brought up with 2 unhappy parents all the time or 1 happy parent all the time it's the price you pay.    
rock.gif
Wish i never mentioned it now ...

Kev

rock.gif

Back