• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Christmas part2

RobM.

Manager
My wife left me on Christmas morning.

My long term ex died end November.

My current lady has twice been diagnosed with cancer just before Christmas, last year and this.

My mother and mother in law both died in December albeit not this year.

I'll leave you to wonder how I feel about a 'religious festival'.

Well this is officialy the worst year of my life.

My dad was diagnosed with Cancer in March and beat it. Last Tuesday he was told it was back but this time its in his head and has been told theres nothing that can be done for it. He's not having any treatment for it and has been told he has a maximum of 2 Months to live. My Family are in bits and its my 22nd birthday in 17 days.

Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas ay.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mighty Shrimper @ Dec. 02 2006,22:11)]Well this is officialy the worst year of my life.

My dad was diagnosed with Cancer in March and beat it. Last Tuesday he was told it was back but this time its in his head and has been told theres nothing that can be done for it. He's not having any treatment for it and has been told he has a maximum of 2 Months to live. My Family are in bits and its my 22nd birthday in 17 days.

Bloody hell, MS, that's awful, and 22 is no age to be told you are going to lose your Dad. Very very hard for you, you have my sympathy.

sad.gif

And here I am sulking at the fact that, due to our baby only just being born, we have to give one Xmas at my brother's a miss this year.

My sympathies to both MS and RobM.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Dec. 03 2006,06:42)]we have to give one Xmas at my brother's a miss this year.
You dont have to say that just 'cos he might see ...

glare.gif
wink.gif

Oh well - there's always the table to look at. As the song used to go

The only way is UP!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Dec. 03 2006,01:11)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mighty Shrimper @ Dec. 02 2006,22:11)]Well this is officialy the worst year of my life.

Bloody hell, MS, that's awful, and 22 is no age to be told you are going to lose your Dad.  Very very hard for you, you have my sympathy.

sad.gif
Seconded. That is awful news... I'm so sorry to hear it, Mighty Shrimper.

down.gif

Thanks guys.

He wants everybody to try and act as normal as possible so we're going to try and have a great Christmas for him.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Dec. 05 2006,23:17)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sao Paulo Shrimper @ Dec. 05 2006,20:34)]My cat Ernie got run over in Xmas 1999, it has been a day to forget since as we were so close.
Too close, I heard

laugh.gif
Sao Paulo Shrimper in "loved pussy" revelation!

tounge.gif

[b said:

Just one word of advice, take loads of photos. I didn't take enough photos of people I've lost in the past and although memories are great, it is a regret I don't have more to remember them by

you have my absolute sympathy. my uncle beat leukemia three times from when I was 16 to 24. His son, my cousin, and a mate of several posters on here, lost his Dad at a young age and I lost an uncle. One Christmas Eve when visiting relatives he tripped up, and the following day, he was in hospital while we endured one of the worst Christmases together. Afterwards, most of us went to visit him in hospital in Yorkshire- I stayed behind with my sister.

You will come out of this stronger and better. If supporting the Blues teaches you anything in life, it's that life is full of ups and downs, and you should take strength from the downs and try and lengthen the ups. Football is after all only a game, but it's how we deal with the aftermath that separates us. How do we grow as people and how we can deal with life's little and big problems.

As someone far better than me once said - Carpe Diem.

Its not quite so eagerly anticpated in our house either, my wifes firstXmas without her father around.

And we haven't won since the old bugger shuffled off

Back