• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Agent Lomas

Manager
Can we start singing this at upcoming games in the build-up to Christmas? :thumbsup:

Away in a manger,
no crib for a bed,
the little lord Jesus,
looked up and he said...
We hate Col U and we hate Col U,
we hate Col U and we hate Col U,
we are the Col U haters!

Can we start singing this at upcoming games in the build-up to Christmas? :thumbsup:

Away in a manger,
no crib for a bed,
the little lord Jesus,
looked up and he said...
We hate Col U and we hate Col U,
we are the Col U haters!

Very Christmassy mate. Whilst I agree with the sentiment, not sure this will get the Hall rocking, I could be wrong, mind.

How about something pro Southend or one of our players rather than something negative towards another club....

Am I the only one who hates the 'we hate orieeeeeent' chant. It's so damn lame

No your not, I hate it too. And don't see the point of the 'we hate (enter clubs name)' songs when we aren't playing them. How it helps to be the 12th man is a mystery to me.

No your not, I hate it too. And don't see the point of the 'we hate (enter clubs name)' songs when we aren't playing them. How it helps to be the 12th man is a mystery to me.

The one that really annoys me is when away fans sing "Southend's a ********, We wanna go home".

Well **** off then. No one's making you stay. You've already paid your money so **** off if you don't like it.

(The fact that they're actually right - if they're basing their opinion on Roots Hall - is not the point.)

I'm not a great fan of either of these chants either particularly as we aren't playing these teams at the moment.
As for "I want to go home etc " - again don't see the point -just go home then- - applies to both away fans & ours when we sing it.
As for an xmas effort- all i have so far to "Silent Night" is

"Down the Right , Hurst in flight
Straker scores , sheer delight".

Stick to being a toy soldier mate, songs like that unite the support against another team playing them or not it's about unity and a common concern

As I said stick to what you know

Am I the only one who hates the 'we hate orieeeeeent' chant. It's so damn lame

I actually think these are a good idea. Very easy song, and it's generates a united noise, which is good for those on the pitch. Often, very simple songs are the most effective for generating an atmosphere.

I don't really think it matters what we are singing, just that there are a lot of us doing it in a positive manner.

The one that really annoys me is when away fans sing "Southend's a ********, We wanna go home".

Well **** off then. No one's making you stay. You've already paid your money so **** off if you don't like it.

(The fact that they're actually right - if they're basing their opinion on Roots Hall - is not the point.)

The point of the song seems to have work, as it's would you up :winking:

I thought this was going to be a thread about you making mince pies and selling them for 20p...

I agree with those saying they think we should back our boys not disrespecting colu, no matter how much we 'ate em!!

The best way to respond is immediately is with

"The gates over there, the gates over there - why don't you just F-off - the gates over there" whilst all pointing the direction of their nearest exit.

Instant response which they'll struggle with a come-back

Would that be the same song that we sang at Pompey the other week...:tumbleweed:??

Back