• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TMWLT

Banned
Over the last few weeks, due to international duty, I only have observed the comings and goings on this site, and it never fails to lift my spirits.

1.I cannot believe for one moment, anyone on here thought the stadium developement would not be called in, a 22 acre developement of any shape or size would have to be called, irrespective of whether its been approved or not, the same criterea would have applied if the application would have been for a new hospital, airport anything, so lets not have any wailing of teeth, or cursing Ruth(I am sympathetic to the IRA)Kelly, she is doing her job, and whether the Conservatives, or the BNP were in power, it would still be called in.

2.As for the players being affected by it on Sat at Hull, as if they are bothered, hopefully players like Maher wont even be around by the time the stadium might be built.

3.In terms of being relegated, so be it, its not going make any difference to the situation long term, I said back in November treat it like a long holiday, with some highs, and some lows. If your looking for a scrapegoat, look no further than the chairman, tilson might have been out of his depth this season and tatically inept, but if RM doesnt want to release the funds, especially in Jan after 2 huge money making cup games, then so be it.
You cant blame tilly.

4. In terms of relegation it would be interesting to see the club try and actually take some care of their supporters, juggling crowds of 5,000 means they will have to do everything they can to get punters through the door, so expect many more chico times and deals with kids for a quid.

cos if they take the fans for granted as they have done since RM took over

then its slip and slide time

How negative, and a lot of useless crap in there two.

So do you want RM to break the bank, and wage structure, so that if we had gone down it would have put the future of the club in trouble. How can you say he does not wat to release funds, he is trying to build us a new stadium so we can compete LONG TERM!! This guy does not want a one hit wonder, he wants us to be a big team in the future. As a young Shrimper it really excites me as to what club my club are going to have built when they are born/grow up!!

Over the last few weeks, due to international duty, I only have observed the comings and goings on this site, and it never fails to lift my spirits.

1.I cannot believe for one moment, anyone on here thought the stadium developement would not be called in, a 22 acre developement of any shape or size would have to be called, irrespective of whether its been approved or not, the same criterea would have applied if the application would have been for a new hospital, airport anything, so lets not have any wailing of teeth, or cursing Ruth(I am sympathetic to the IRA)Kelly, she is doing her job, and whether the Conservatives, or the BNP were in power, it would still be called in.

2.As for the players being affected by it on Sat at Hull, as if they are bothered, hopefully players like Maher wont even be around by the time the stadium might be built.

3.In terms of being relegated, so be it, its not going make any difference to the situation long term, I said back in November treat it like a long holiday, with some highs, and some lows. If your looking for a scrapegoat, look no further than the chairman, tilson might have been out of his depth this season and tatically inept, but if RM doesnt want to release the funds, especially in Jan after 2 huge money making cup games, then so be it.
You cant blame tilly.

4. In terms of relegation it would be interesting to see the club try and actually take some care of their supporters, juggling crowds of 5,000 means they will have to do everything they can to get punters through the door, so expect many more chico times and deals with kids for a quid.

Bobby McFerrin just rang - he wants you two to do a duet.

If your looking for a scrapegoat, look no further than the chairman, tilson might have been out of his depth this season and tatically inept, but if RM doesnt want to release the funds, especially in Jan after 2 huge money making cup games, then so be it.
You cant blame tilly.

Was agreeing with you up until then.

How much money should RM have made available this year then ?

Bearing in mind we have spent around 1m.

1) Can I ask what your problem is with Maher?
2) How much more than a million given our current financial climate would you have wanted to spend.
3) Seems a bit unfair to think crowds will drop to 5000 - We were getting 8000 last season all be it for a decent season.

i think the crowds will drop to about 7 next season to start off with, if we are doing ok I'm sure the crowds will go up again!

I think we will see 7-8000 most games.

One major factor is the away teams bring very few at that level.

the club is on the up - selling out RH at foot of the table - if we stay up season tickets will increase - crowds will increase - revenues will increase - more players will want to come - we could even challenge for the play offs -

go down and ................ a couple of people on here will be happy to be proved right .....

7000 is definitely possible if we went down, i believe the 'hardcore' has risen a good few thousand the past few years.

yeah, correct i think there are a lot more loyal supporters than in recent years. everyone i know will be still be getting another ST whether we stay up or not. i will be! I'm sure we will lose a few glory hunters though.

I actually thought it was a pretty good post. I find it surprising how often you can get a better perspective on things being away from this board for a time.

I'm inclined to agree about RM in the transfer money stakes. I think it was pretty clear that we were light in centre midfield and we were taking a gamble. Of course I don't want us to be shafting ourselves but one central midfielder for anything up to, say £200k, would have made the world of difference in McCormack's suspensions.

I really hope he sorts his discipline out next season. It's been so bad, it would be funny were we not in such trouble.

whatever happens this season. we have to get another central midfielder next season for cover for macca and maher. the season by filling this position with players such as clarke, hunt and gower who are out of position i think has cost us. whenever macca is out we play terrible and always look like we are missing something. next season we need to notice this and have cover ready. thats why it was a shame to lose guttridge!

Gower hasnt done bad in the middle to be fair.

I agree though, we are always going to miss McCormack and do need another established midfielder in the squad for next season.

whatever happens this season. we have to get another central midfielder next season for cover for macca and maher. the season by filling this position with players such as clarke, hunt and gower who are out of position i think has cost us. whenever macca is out we play terrible and always look like we are missing something. next season we need to notice this and have cover ready. thats why it was a shame to lose guttridge!

sorry matty but Guttridge done nothing this season to warrant a place in the team, on the bench, in the reserves in fact I'm glad he got bombed out to such a deserving place.

sorry matty but Guttridge done nothing this season to warrant a place in the team, on the bench, in the reserves in fact I'm glad he got bombed out to such a deserving place.

what i'm saying is that position has cost us. players who have been put there have done the best they can as they are not central midfielders. we just need replacement next season.

as we've learnt this season, one tiny mistake costs you. which last season we would have got away with. simply because of the league is full of class players and they will punish you

what i'm saying is that position has cost us. players who have been put there have done the best they can as they are not central midfielders. we just need replacement next season.

as we've learnt this season, one tiny mistake costs you. which last season we would have got away with. simply because of the league is full of class players and they will punish you

sorry mate, that's fair enough!

Gower hasnt done bad in the middle to be fair.

I agree though, we are always going to miss McCormack and do need another established midfielder in the squad for next season.

I think he's done admirably but then I also think we've missed him in wide positions when he's played centrally. Sadly, he's not mobile enough to really play centrally in the way we're set up.

You cant blame tilly.

My god, how miserable are you???:flamer:

You cant blame tilly.

Agree 100%. Except the bits I don't agree with.

It's all Maher's fault.

Back