• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

nnatt76

Youth Team
Even though large tracts of Essex and many old and famous streets have fallen or may fall into the grip of the Man -U and all the odious apparatus of West Ham rule, we shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end, we shall play in oxford, we shall play on the seas and oceans, we shall Play with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our area, whatever the cost may be, we shall play on the beaches of Southend, we shall play on in to the dying seconds, we shall play in the fields and in the streets, we shall play at layer Road; we shall never surrender!!!!!!

And even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this team struggles at the foot of the table, then our TRUE supporters beyond Roots hall, armed with passion, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, Steve Tilson and the whole team with the Help of the Patient supports will prevail.."

Did he really say that?
smile.gif

What with the Gary Glitter quote on the other thread...

Oh I see... what he MIGHT have said.

(great stuff)

Speaking of atmosphere's at Roots Hall last week, how fantastic would it be for Southend to put that one out just before the music and teams? "...we shall play on in to the dying seconds, we shall play in the fields and in the streets, we shall play at layer Road; we shall never surrender!!!!!!..."

Different, poignant, calling for solidarity, it could become a cult!
And a never say die spirit never did the old Wimbledon any harm.

Nah, surely Churchill would have said: "I may not be able to save Southend from relegation but I could save you money on your car insurance."
biggrin.gif

Sorry one more ...i'm getting good at this.

We have before us an ordeal of the most grievous kind. We have before us many, many long months of struggle and of suffering. You ask, what is Tilson's plan? I can say: It is to play with passion, Defend better, and score Goals with all our might and with all the strength that God can give us; to Plan victory against a monstrous tyranny (Orient), never surpassed in the dark, lamentable catalogue of human crime. That is Tilsons plan. You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: It is victory, victory at all costs, victory in spite of all the Boos, victory, however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no league2 survival. Let that be realised; no survival for the Shrimpers, no survival for all that the Blues has stood for, no survival for the urge and impulse of the ages, that we will move forward towards our goal. But I take up my task with buoyancy and hope. I feel sure that our cause will not be suffered to fail among men. At this time I feel entitled to claim the aid of all, and I say, "come then, let us go forward together with our united strength."

man thats rousing

Bring em all on !!!!!!!!

Back