• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What a prat he was for the sending off. On pars with Corrs a while back. Stupid.

Poor distribution. Always prone to lapses in concentration. Mistakes every game that he is lucky to get away with in the main. Today for me, enough is enough. Please release him Brown, I don't want him here

Please tell me he's not got a three year contract, i don't think i have ever seen a defender who makes so many mistakes playing football , well not one that gets paid to do it?

Please tell me he's not got a three year contract, i don't think i have ever seen a defender who makes so many mistakes playing football , well not one that gets paid to do it?

Prosser was the same a few years ago, if not worse. Agee he has to improve but he is young and has time on his side.

Bolger is unsteady but the incredible thing is the club paid £25,000 for him !

Seems to do the hard things well but the easy things badly. Can only assume it's PB instruction to play from the back, but only if you have the personnel, which clearly we don't have. Bolger needs to win the ball which at times he does and play it simple instead of trying these 30-70 yard passes that seem to get him in trouble.

"Blues were reduced to ten-men during the second half after Cian Bolger was sent off for what looked like a head-but, and Brown is standing by his man.

“It was a foul, and I thought he would get a yellow card,” Brown said.

“He came together with their centre half afterwards and their defender went to ground far too easily. If Cian's head has gone forward, that's the only thing the referee can judge it on.

“I won't be coming down heavy on Cian Bolger. His team-mates have got behind him in there and we didn't lose the game.”

Read more at http://www.southendunited.co.uk/new...am-redbridge-2169221.aspx#z55QcX5MpzqhEbIz.99

Very interesting thread, given that Richard Money said a better central defensive partnership he had not seen this season after our Boxing Day game.

His distribution is poor, and I'd almost prefer him to lump it, but as a defender, he's getting better and better and his pairing with Prosser has now kept 3 clean sheets in the space of a week.

We are so quick to come down on our players and management when things don't go right, when in all honesty, it should be the other way round.

He's a decent centre half, and will continue to get better - as someone has already said, look where Prosser was 3 years ago. Have a little faith :)

The sending off was clear cut from what I saw, and it was a bit of a rush of blood, but Corr has had plenty of them over the years and we've stuck by him.

The one area of our team which certainly does not need tampering with or breaking up is the defence - we're actually really good at that part!!

"Blues were reduced to ten-men during the second half after Cian Bolger was sent off for what looked like a head-but, and Brown is standing by his man.

“He came together with their centre half afterwards and their defender went to ground far too easily. If Cian's head has gone forward, that's the only thing the referee can judge it on.

“I won't be coming down heavy on Cian Bolger. His team-mates have got behind him in there and we didn't lose the game.”

Read more at http://www.southendunited.co.uk/new...am-redbridge-2169221.aspx#z55QcX5MpzqhEbIz.99

Bolger headbutted their player, it's clear as day. It's a red for the intent, whether there is any contact or not. Violent conduct all day long

brown is supporting his man I suppose but Bolger is skating on thin ice

in his defence the Daggers boy went down very easily and should be ashamed of himself, but the head butt was just plain stupid...

he seems to have a death wish , gives away silly cross field passes that go astray, and he puts others in difficult positions

Very interesting thread, given that Richard Money said a better central defensive partnership he had not seen this season after our Boxing Day game.

His distribution is poor, and I'd almost prefer him to lump it, but as a defender, he's getting better and better and his pairing with Prosser has now kept 3 clean sheets in the space of a week.

We are so quick to come down on our players and management when things don't go right, when in all honesty, it should be the other way round.

He's a decent centre half, and will continue to get better - as someone has already said, look where Prosser was 3 years ago. Have a little faith :)

The sending off was clear cut from what I saw, and it was a bit of a rush of blood, but Corr has had plenty of them over the years and we've stuck by him.

The one area of our team which certainly does not need tampering with or breaking up is the defence - we're actually really good at that part!!

Yes. I agree with this. As a CB Bolger offers promise and is improving. I think if he wasn't encouraged to play the ball out then his mistakes would stop almost immediately. His actual defending is good IMO and I can see him getting better...hopefully it'll be while he is playing for us.

By defending Bolger in this instance makes Phil look very very stupid, in what world is a headbutt only a yellow card? Phils opinion would be very different if roles were reversed I'm sure. In my opinion he should be coming down on him like a ton of bricks thereby sending a message to the squad that these types of indiscipline will not be tolerated.

Yes. I agree with this. As a CB Bolger offers promise and is improving. I think if he wasn't encouraged to play the ball out then his mistakes would stop almost immediately. His actual defending is good IMO and I can see him getting better...hopefully it'll be while he is playing for us.
but he keeps getting in the way of others especially with Prosser when they don't communicate well .... It will get better , but it worries me in the meantime

I saw the incident very clearly and the only good thing that you can say is he is extremely fortunate that his stupidity didn't cost us the game. This on top of his total un-professionalism in getting sent off in 15 minutes for two yellow cards at Plymouth makes me think that the bloke is an utter liability and this sort of indiscipline is (yet another) factor that could contribute towards Southend not being promoted this season.

Get rid of him? If it were down to me 100% yes but PB will probably stick with him. :thumbdown:

Back