• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cinema Ticket Prices

Bluesmanager

I'm a Barbie Girl
Somewhere where the weather isn't killing me
Seeing as I have Wednesday afternoons off and it costs me £5 and 45 minutes at best to get into college, I thought recently that I'd save the pound cxhange I get from the bus driver every day and use it to go to the cinema once a fortnight or so.

Excellent plan. In theory.

Went there today to see Toy Story.

£6.50.

Six pounds and twenty pence to see a ****ing film. You can buy the DVD for less than that!

Came home and posted on Facebook about it. My cousin replied that it was £7.20 to see it at her local. What the ****ing ****? And then, to really rub the salt in, a old friend of mine tells me that it's £9.50 for a full adult ticket to the same film at his local! £10 to go to the pictures!?! **** off!

What do you think about this blatant extortion?

Seeing as I have Wednesday afternoons off and it costs me £5 and 45 minutes at best to get into college, I thought recently that I'd save the pound cxhange I get from the bus driver every day and use it to go to the cinema once a fortnight or so.

Excellent plan. In theory.

Went there today to see Toy Story.

£6.50.

Six pounds and twenty pence to see a ****ing film. You can buy the DVD for less than that!

Came home and posted on Facebook about it. My cousin replied that it was £7.20 to see it at her local. What the ****ing ****? And then, to really rub the salt in, a old friend of mine tells me that it's £9.50 for a full adult ticket to the same film at his local! £10 to go to the pictures!?! **** off!

What do you think about this blatant extortion?

I am totally shocked....

They are still showing Toy Story at the cinema, it's been out years.

It's a 3D re-release. What with Toy Story 3D due out soon and all.

Yeah I know, just messing.

I remember going to the cinema years ago and it was about £3. Back in the Day Saturday morning pictures was £1 for hours worth of throwing popcorn and poppets at the screen!

Sorry to spoil your day but cinemas make absolutely zilch profit from tickets. They make their money on all the food, drinks and games you can play. To be honest I don't think piracy has helped. But it's a vicious circle as cinema prices go up to compensate.

Price doesn't bother me. Tend to see most movies on a Wednesday on 2 for 1, or at empire on a tuesday for £4.95. But also happy to pay £17 to see a movie at the IMAX cinema.

What ****es me off the most about movies is the delay in releases. May in the states and now for Up. What are Pixar playing at?!

Unless it's a Very Big Release (like a Harry Potter or a Nolan-Batman), it's bloody rare to see films get released at the same time across the pond. Same with DVD releases of TV shows. They got 24, Dollhouse, House, and pretty much every other big show a month or so after release, we're still waiting on some (like Supernatural).

The cost of going is ****ing ridiculous. If me and the jiv go, once you've got you're ticket and bought some popcorn/drinks etc, you've done the best part of £25. Rip-off

Hence why i'll only go cinema if there's a big film on, i.e in the last 2 years, i've seen The Dark Knight and Transformers 2.

I know they bang on about piracy destroying cinemas and all that bollocks, but at the end of the day, if it's 800% cheaper, then i'm all over it.

I go pretty regular to the flicks with the missus and what with the Orange Wednesday deal and cheap prices on Tuesday it only costs no more than £12 or so. I VERY occasionally buy popcorn, but nothing else as the prices a rip off. Buy a bottle of coke and crisps in the supermarket and take them in!

showing my age here.
There used to be a cinema in Westcliff (classic?) that used to have £1.00 nights ((thursdays?) about 20 years ago. They were alwasy packed but I am guessing it was quite for the rest of the week as it shut. Same thing with the Robins in Basildon .

The fact is the paying public preferred to travel to Lakeside and pay more to watch a film becasue there was more choice and it was the trendy thing to do.

There is little competition now and the big players can charge what they want. Their argument is 'its a cheap night out' the contra argument of course is its a lot of money to see a film.

is the cinema too expensive- YES !

Cinema is a shocking waste of money these days.

Get yourself a five draw and couple cans.

That's what students did on Wednesday afternoons when I was at college.

Might I suggest you get a job at the cinema?

That way you can see all the films for free and make some money at the same time.

Might I suggest you get a job at the cinema?

That way you can see all the films for free and make some money at the same time.

that's what Mrs Pubey did through uni, she got two free tickets a week... free drinks and sweets (unofficially), it was excellent

that's what Mrs Pubey did through uni, she got two free tickets a week... free drinks and sweets (unofficially), it was excellent

I did similar working in a brothel whilst at college. Worked as a cloak room attendant got free drinks, sweets and blowies (unofficially) - It was excellent.

Back