• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bromley Blue

The artist formerly known as the_saafender
Hi all,

Due to the early kickoff tomorrow night I'm not gonna be able to get to Roots Hall after work in time. Therefore myself and a few mates are going to head to a pub in the City to watch the game.

Seeing as it's Champions League night (albeit no English teams) does anyone know of anywhere that might have the game on?

Thanks

Hi all,

Due to the early kickoff tomorrow night I'm not gonna be able to get to Roots Hall after work in time. Therefore myself and a few mates are going to head to a pub in the City to watch the game.

Seeing as it's Champions League night (albeit no English teams) does anyone know of anywhere that might have the game on?

Thanks

I imagine most places with Sky will elect to show Milan v Barcelona (the fools).

It's a bit naff but you can be sure the Sports Café on Haymarket will be showing the game on one of its many screens.

Yep get to Roots Hall if you can, the turnstiles are open until half time.
I can't imagine many pubs showing even the first 30 mins of our game as they will prefer the Champions League build up. The only pubs that might show the whole game will be in Southend anyway.

Take your laptop with you find a pub with wifi and watch it on skygo might be your best bet.

Take your laptop with you find a pub with wifi and watch it on skygo might be your best bet.

Yeah cheers I thought about this option. And yeah I agree with those that say most pubs won't be showing it. It kind of sums up the attitude these days that they'd rather show matches between foreign teams than a local derby between sides fighting to get to Wembley.

That said if it wasn't Southend I'd probably be tuning into Milan Vs Barca myself!

I will be going to the game from the City but try the Railway near Liverpool Street station - pretty sure it will be on in there

Phone Laura at The Kings Arms in Wormwood Street (Near Liverpool St) 02075884655. They have about a dozen screens in the pub and show pretty much every game and normally will turn over on one or two screens if you want something on. Worth checking!

Back