• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Big Shrimp

Zone Photographer
For those of you like me who used the above mentioned car park last season & before, how many saw the blatant p!ss take by our penny pinching council?

They have now introduced parking fees for what used to be a free car park. The new fees go: 1 hour 80p, 2 hours £1.50, 4 hours £4.00! I might have the first two prices slightly wrong, but I know the 4 hours is correct. No option for 3 hours parking, which is all you need for a football match. Appalling!

In my quest for a parking space, I noticed loads of scum, I mean traffic wardens patrolling the streets & loads of cars with tickets on them. There was one car with two wheels slightly on a driveway in front of a demolished building who had a ticket!

This is yet another example of this poor excuse of a Council sticking the knife into the Southend fan. My message to them is we'll soon have our new stadium & you can stick you cark park up your @rse! I'd rather give my money to the club! FRO Southend BC! :madman:

:soapbox:

Too damn right the council should FRO. I live nearby Southend East station and for 5 years, 5 frigging years we have campaigned to make it resedential parking only. We did this as every week-day there are no free spaces because they are taken up by the frigging commuters. Now, we had to convert our front lawn into a drive to accomodate this and it cost us money, money which i'd like to see given back through making the Commuters either pay, or **** off.

Too damn right the council should FRO. I live nearby Southend East station and for 5 years, 5 frigging years we have campaigned to make it resedential parking only. We did this as every week-day there are no free spaces because they are taken up by the frigging commuters. Now, we had to convert our front lawn into a drive to accomodate this and it cost us money, money which i'd like to see given back through making the Commuters either pay, or **** off.

Sorry mate, but when you buy your house you don't buy the bit of road outside it.

Public road fella, any car that is taxed, insured and MOT'd is entitled to park there...

Exactly as Southend East Station as been like this since day one, you knew the situation when you moved in, if you wanted to a guaranteed place to park your car buy a house with a drive.

Also the Civic Centre Car Park changed a while back, as I remember last season going to use it to find it now charging on Saturdays as well. At the end of the day the car park is charging during the week and the fact the council need to make money so not to cut any more services, is it really wrong for them to charge for this car park, as all other car parks in the town charge on a Saturday?

Last edited:
Southend East station has been like that for YEARS. It's a shame though, that car parks around the stadium can't do a deal on match days somehow where you pay a fixed sum that's not really connected to the general rates. Roll on Fossetts!

Exactly as Southend East Station as been like this since day one, you knew the situation when you moved in, if you wanted to a guaranteed place to park your car buy a house with a drive.

Also the Civic Centre Car Park changed a while back, as I remember last season going to use it to find it now charging on Saturdays as well. At the end of the day the car park is charging during the week and the fact the council need to make money so not to cut any more services, is it really wrong for them to charge for this car park, as all other car parks in the town charge on a Saturday?

Maybe not, but the blatant p!ss taking with no 3 hour charge, but an excessive jump to the 4 hour price is a joke!

For those of you like me who used the above mentioned car park last season & before, how many saw the blatant p!ss take by our penny pinching council?

They have now introduced parking fees for what used to be a free car park. The new fees go: 1 hour 80p, 2 hours £1.50, 4 hours £4.00! I might have the first two prices slightly wrong, but I know the 4 hours is correct. No option for 3 hours parking, which is all you need for a football match. Appalling!

In my quest for a parking space, I noticed loads of scum, I mean traffic wardens patrolling the streets & loads of cars with tickets on them. There was one car with two wheels slightly on a driveway in front of a demolished building who had a ticket!

This is yet another example of this poor excuse of a Council sticking the knife into the Southend fan. My message to them is we'll soon have our new stadium & you can stick you cark park up your @rse! I'd rather give my money to the club! FRO Southend BC! :madman:

:soapbox:

Agreed and the Gestapo have given mobility to their SS, by providing motorised scooter, to get around the residential areas more quickly.

Be aware.

Maybe those pay machines will go wrong/break down regularly before match days.

I had a bit of trouble parking yesterday as well. For the past few years I parked down Hillborough Road which runs down the side of the Hospital. Now a huge chunk of it is Double Yellows! Boooooo

I had a bit of trouble parking yesterday as well. For the past few years I parked down Hillborough Road which runs down the side of the Hospital. Now a huge chunk of it is Double Yellows! Boooooo

Prob the hospital who want their pound of flesh in penal parking charges.

Can't afford to fall ill or have to visit regularly anyone who is hospitalised.

I lived near Southend East for 25 years, it always had a parking problem.

Parking is a real problem in Southend FULL STOP.

I live a spit from the ground, and it's murder on match days. The Parking Attendants (as they are called) have a field day - normally appearing just after kick off.

It's no better with the hospital. Ever tried parking anywhere near there during the week?

So, yes the council are going to try and nick every quid they can. Can I suggest to you drivers that you jump on the bus on the train - it's not like Roots Hall is in the middle of the countryside. A bit more inconvenient, but cheaper, less hassle and more environmentally friendly.

I lived near Southend East for 25 years, it always had a parking problem.

Parking is a real problem in Southend FULL STOP.

I live a spit from the ground, and it's murder on match days. The Parking Attendants (as they are called) have a field day - normally appearing just after kick off.

It's no better with the hospital. Ever tried parking anywhere near there during the week?

So, yes the council are going to try and nick every quid they can. Can I suggest to you drivers that you jump on the bus on the train - it's not like Roots Hall is in the middle of the countryside. A bit more inconvenient, but cheaper, less hassle and more environmentally friendly.

Depends on where you live & the service provided. The transport system in Southend generally very poor unless you live near one of the main routes that goes down Vic Avenue. If not you have to change at least once or walk a fair distance from your stop. Can you imagine what its like trying to get several hundred fans on one bus every 15-20 minutes.

Long live the car & the car park hunting game!

Sorry Big Shrimp
Get a girlfriend who lives near the ground and then park up her drive and that's not metaphorical!!

dunno why people have started moaning bout the parking being pay and display now it came in easter weekend as many found out last good friday, but thanks for everyone for finally catching on.

dunno why people have started moaning bout the parking being pay and display now it came in easter weekend as many found out last good friday, but thanks for everyone for finally catching on.

As most people on here know, I had my leg in plaster for the last two months of the season & wasn't able to drive! Just goes to show how many other people have mentioned it before! :dim:

Sorry Big Shrimp
Get a girlfriend who lives near the ground and then park up her drive and that's not metaphorical!!

Thats a big word for somebody who books himself work on a Saturday without checking if Southend are at home! :dim: At least you will be able to watch the Cheltenham game on Tuesday!!

As for parking your girlfiends driveway, it must be easy paking something as small as what you have! ;)

Just back from my evening constitutional walk to the offy round by the cliffs and there are 4 cars in a line with parking tickets on them. All are illegally parked on double yellows, but it is Sunday.

Back