• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just back from my evening constitutional walk to the offy round by the cliffs and there are 4 cars in a line with parking tickets on them. All are illegally parked on double yellows, but it is Sunday.

What do you expect? Those poor Traffic Gestapos have got to earn their double time somehow!:punch:

Just back from my evening constitutional walk to the offy round by the cliffs and there are 4 cars in a line with parking tickets on them. All are illegally parked on double yellows, but it is Sunday.

Aren't illegal things illegal on a Sunday then? Might take my pick-axe round to the Big Brother house if that's the case.

Prob the hospital who want their pound of flesh in penal parking charges.

Can't afford to fall ill or have to visit regularly anyone who is hospitalised.

As an ex nurse who worked at Southend Hospital let me let you into a little secret. On Weekends, bank Holidays and after 5pm during the week there are no car park attendents at the hospital. All you do is park where you want as long as you don't park past the barriers and walk to the football ground. There are 3 carparks at the hospital the carpark by the towerblock (barriers you do have to pay). Outside A+E free at wekends 9ignore signs asking you to pay) and outhside the cardigan wing (the new bit of the hospital, and again ignore the signs asking you to park). Also if you do get a ticket if you park there during the week just throw them away. I have had over 50 tickets when I worked there and never paid once.

The one that always wound me up was one of the side streets in Westcliff. There was parking on one side of the street only, and the side alternated according to the month. Guess what? Saturday 1st, 9am, traffic wardens down there ticketing people who parked legally, but hadn't had a chance to move the car across the street!

IIRC Civic Centre car park is onlt 20p for the first hour. After that it jumps to something like £1 for 2 hours. I guess this is so people who actually want to use the centre for actual civic things such as paying a bill or something, only have to pay a small amount, where as it jumps up in line with ther other car parks in the town to stop people using it to go shopping in the high street.

Can you leave your bike in the main Car park at Roots Hall.. At the start and end of the season cycling to the game and having somewhere secure and coverd, to leave bikes would help..

Can you leave your bike in the main Car park at Roots Hall.. At the start and end of the season cycling to the game and having somewhere secure and coverd, to leave bikes would help..

Doesn't really apply for me now that I'm living a bit further afield, but that always used to be a minor gripe of mine that I mentioned in the annual surveys. Hopefully there'll be some provision with the new stadium development.

A man and his son cycled to the West stand entrance early on on Saturday and the stewards round there found somewhere he could leave it safely. Not saying they could do that for loads of people, but because they'd got there early they were able to help. Why not contact the club? There may be somewhere bikes could be left on the East side.

IIRC Civic Centre car park is onlt 20p for the first hour. After that it jumps to something like £1 for 2 hours. I guess this is so people who actually want to use the centre for actual civic things such as paying a bill or something, only have to pay a small amount, where as it jumps up in line with ther other car parks in the town to stop people using it to go shopping in the high street.

you're not allowed to talk common sense on here Dave!

As an ex nurse who worked at Southend Hospital let me let you into a little secret. On Weekends, bank Holidays and after 5pm during the week there are no car park attendents at the hospital. All you do is park where you want as long as you don't park past the barriers and walk to the football ground. There are 3 carparks at the hospital the carpark by the towerblock (barriers you do have to pay). Outside A+E free at wekends 9ignore signs asking you to pay) and outhside the cardigan wing (the new bit of the hospital, and again ignore the signs asking you to park). Also if you do get a ticket if you park there during the week just throw them away. I have had over 50 tickets when I worked there and never paid once.

and the reason you're an ex-nurse there...

A man and his son cycled to the West stand entrance early on on Saturday and the stewards round there found somewhere he could leave it safely. Not saying they could do that for loads of people, but because they'd got there early they were able to help. Why not contact the club? There may be somewhere bikes could be left on the East side.

i always used to padlock my bike and the motorbike to one of the market stalls at the North End of the main carpak, provided a bit of cover too

What about if you travel by Horse. Is there some where around the ground where it can be left safley? Will the stewards give it some water and a carrot whilst i watch the game?

What about if you travel by Horse. Is there some where around the ground where it can be left safley? Will the stewards give it some water and a carrot whilst i watch the game?

Why would you ride a Colchester Fan? Still i suppose they'd get to see real football.

Hear, hear..

I often have to come straight from the polo on old Bessie and there's just nowhere to leave her. I normally end up just letting her do her own thing, which invariably means 'fertilising' on someones car bonnet or mashing up some old scrotes front lawn.
Anyway, I think she'd prefer a sugar cube laced with tranqs....

Back