• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Clamping

I did and she is totally shocked by there attitude and has told me if you wish to persue a legal case she would back me.

Is she threatening to end her agreement with the clampers unless they reimburse you? If not get her to speak to the boss of the clamping firm.

The clampers are far more likely to listen to one of their customers (ie that shop) threatening to end their contract with them, than someone who has been clamped. It'll be more cost efficient for them to refund you, than to lose that agreement. Commercial pressure is better than pursuing legal remedies.

The clampers, employed by her said (after some discussion) they would end their contract if she did not back them upon this case.. It isn't the fine that bothers me as I was wrong, more the amount. I said to the guy as he was clamping me....get real here..he said its to late..how was it ever to late? it is the amount and the fact she employs them and told them to remove it that ****es me off.

The original loophole is to say it's your car but your not necessarily the driver... they have to prove that you are the person who has broken the 'contract'.

I live in a block of flats with an undercroft carpark, we all have licences to display when we park in our bays, but there is no parking for friends and family, and if they park up in the carpark they sometimes get a yellow ticket on their windscreen... Just tear them up and throw them away. There is a really good forum for this (can't remember what it's called), also moneysavingexpert is good too

This happened to me outside Harmony II when I nipped in to buy some poppers but when I phoned the Echo they didn't want to know.

Incidentally, the police do not want to know normally if it is on private land. That they consider is a civil case.

They really are a law unto themselves and Balmoral Road is known for it and it is only just recently they have been over zealous down there.
A colleage of mine was called on an health emergency down there and the b*****ds clamped her while dealing with the person.

Incidentally, the police do not want to know normally if it is on private land. That they consider is a civil case.

The police do not want to know about aanything. FULL STOP unless you are speeding!

The police do not want to know about aanything. FULL STOP unless you are speeding!

Don't know if anyone saw Traffic cops tonight, but they featured two female cops driving about trying to give as many on the spot fines and penalty points as they could. It turns out they are on a points system, and have to meet their quota. They revelled in it as well. With an 'Oh dear, that's going to be £30 and Three points I'm afraid.' Sarcastically.
So yes it's true, our police have just become instant tax collectors for the government. Otherwise, why was the on the spot fines brought in, and why do they have to meet quota's?
Also, see how much they collect on a Friday and Saturday in the town, dishing out between £30 and £90 on the spot fines. Absolute disgrace.

I do agree with why they are pulling people up, I just don't agree them taking money from people.
As for Clampers, don't get me started.

What punishment would you like them to give? If they get told to change it, people will just totally ignore them.

Don't know if anyone saw Traffic cops tonight, but they featured two female cops driving about trying to give as many on the spot fines and penalty points as they could. It turns out they are on a points system, and have to meet their quota. They revelled in it as well. With an 'Oh dear, that's going to be £30 and Three points I'm afraid.' Sarcastically.
So yes it's true, our police have just become instant tax collectors for the government. Otherwise, why was the on the spot fines brought in, and why do they have to meet quota's?
Also, see how much they collect on a Friday and Saturday in the town, dishing out between £30 and £90 on the spot fines. Absolute disgrace.

I do agree with why they are pulling people up, I just don't agree them taking money from people.

It strikes me a quite simple , if you don't want to pay the police, don't do anything that warrants a fine.

They don't make the laws up , they just stop people who break them.
Had they seen the woman on the phone , or spotted he illegal tinted windows earlier then we may well be talking about how they took money off her and gave her six points as opposed to half the program being about cutting a 20 year girl out of a wrecked car

What punishment would you like them to give? If they get told to change it, people will just totally ignore them.

I would like them to give a stern warning like the old days. If not, a 2 or 3 strike system, whereby you are not fined for a first offence, but obviously still giving 3 or 6 points to motorists where applicable, without the fine.
Surely you can see it's all about the money they can rake in nowadays.

It strikes me a quite simple , if you don't want to pay the police, don't do anything that warrants a fine.

They don't make the laws up , they just stop people who break them.
Had they seen the woman on the phone , or spotted he illegal tinted windows earlier then we may well be talking about how they took money off her and gave her six points as opposed to half the program being about cutting a 20 year girl out of a wrecked car

I totally agree with them pulling up motorists who are on the mobile or are driving dangerously, illegal or uninsured. I just don't think they should have quota's to meet, as it came across that they were trying to rake in as much as possible.
If they gave all this money from fining motorists and drunks in the town centre's, to charity, that would be different.

There was another show on C4 at 10pm called coppers. There were 2 of them in a car, one got out to deal with a motorist and he basically let the guy off, when he got back to the cop car, his partner had a pop and said he would have given him a ticket etc etc...so there is no set rule, coppers do what they want depending on how they are feeling....bloody ludicrous

I don't think it will too long before a traffic police officer is hunted and killed for sport on a Top Gear special.

There was another show on C4 at 10pm called coppers. There were 2 of them in a car, one got out to deal with a motorist and he basically let the guy off, when he got back to the cop car, his partner had a pop and said he would have given him a ticket etc etc...so there is no set rule, coppers do what they want depending on how they are feeling....bloody ludicrous

Not really ludicrous, more common sense policing.

Pretty sure i read on here a while ago that if you stay below 60 on the A127 through the average speed cameras you dont get hit !!

No true i'm afraid ive just been done for average of 56 on the straight bit from Progress road to rayleigh wier :sad:

Indeed. How dare a policeman use his discretion.

Back