• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

pickledseal

cowboy
Woke up to hear the news this morning. Really saddened by this, he's struggled with various health problems over the years, but was talking of touring again and getting fitter and healthier. Get well soon!

"I should tell you the story of my grandfather's church, and the gospel music inside the church. That's a fine way to get into music. The gospel music...I saw how it influenced people. My grandfather would be screaming about hellfire and brimstone -- the devil's gonna getcha! That didn't register for me. But when the choir sang it touched me. Inside of me. The music gave a real reality to me. I felt the same thing with the saxophone. It touched my soul.

"It ain't about the money, man. It's the love for what I do. People come to the show for more than a party. They're looking for some kind of spiritual stability. You can feel the power; all that focus.

"With all that pain and agony I went through on the last tour - I'd do it again. There's something about being on stage. I call it the Healing Floor. I do all this **** up there and then I think back later and say, 'How the hell did I do that?' But it's what I'm supposed to do. It revives me."

bruce-springsteen-clarence-clemons-cd76cca5af702c06_large.jpg

Hope he recovers well. His solo in 'Born To Run' is probably the greatest bit of saxophone in rock, plus the cover of that album, which features him and The Boss, is one of the coolest.

Hope he recovers well. His solo in 'Born To Run' is probably the greatest bit of saxophone in rock, plus the cover of that album, which features him and The Boss, is one of the coolest.

Along with Bob Holness's solo on Baker Street i'd agree!

I hope the big man recovers fully - he is an awesome presence and I can't imagine the E Street Band without him.

Bruce Springsteen said of Clarence: Clarence lived a wonderful life. He carried within him a love of people that made them love him. He created a wondrous and extended family. He loved the saxophone, loved our fans and gave everything he had every night he stepped on stage. His loss is immeasurable and we are honored and thankful to have known him and had the opportunity to stand beside him for nearly forty years. He was my great friend, my partner, and with Clarence at my side, my band and I were able to tell a story far deeper than those simply contained in our music. His life, his memory, and his love will live on in that story and in our band.

Very sad. Loved the start of the Andrew Marr Show this morning, when they played the solo from Born To Run before getting on with the main business of the programme.

RIP Big Man.

"Clarence doesn't leave the E Street Band when he dies. He leaves when we die."

Springsteen finds the right words again.

Back