• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lets hope Tilly has also remembered how Clarke couldnt let someone go by him without committing ridiculous and unnecessary fouls, anywhere on the pitch. So hopefully he will play someone right up on him, and right in his face for 90 minutes.
He may have been a trier for us, but today he's just another northern *******.

Laurent, with his trickery, pace and unorthadox running/spider legs will cause Clarkey problems. Thats what i was saying during the week, Freedman/Barny won't cause him problems imo, but Someone like Laurent can cause all sorts of danger.

Lets hope Tilly has also remembered how Clarke couldnt let someone go by him without committing ridiculous and unnecessary fouls, anywhere on the pitch. So hopefully he will play someone right up on him, and right in his face for 90 minutes.
He may have been a trier for us, but today he's just another northern *******.

hear hear

Also lets not forget that clarke was part of one of the worst defensive records in the divisions we participated in!!

Also lets not forget the umpteen times he hoofed the ball cleared straight to the oppo giving valuable posession away!!

Also lets not forget that for the majority of his Southend career he had a tendancy to make a major clangers at least once a game!!

BOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

The season is finally here!!! Lets give Peter Clarke a good reception and still pick up 3 points today.
Up the Blues !!!!

Who needs Clarkey, we've got Mvoto! (for 5/6 months at least, and assuming he's as good as we hope he is)

Great post! Will be applauging Clarkey out, he was always appreciative of our support, and he said nice things about the club before he left us. He will be getting a good reception from me, and I hope that everyone else claps him when his name is read out!

Will be a good game today, 3 pts for the Shrimpers today! Lets get right behind our team! COME ON SOUTHEND!!!

UTB!

Clarkey got a great reception today and applauded the fans with good dignity

Was it Clarke that gave away the penalty?

No it was Williams the left-back. Clarke was pretty solid although Barnard gave him a tough time, the two of them were having a good battle. Judging by the size of M'voto, we won't miss Clarke. He's a brickhouse!

Last edited:
I thought Clarke was pretty poor today, don't think he won anything in the air and gave us a few free kicks.

Thought he got a great reception from the Southend fans in and around Block V & W, bar a few idiots.

Most overated player to wear a Blues shirt for a long time. Definatly wont be missed

spot on certainly didnt clap him, and showed today that with peter clarke at the back you are liable to concede a couple of goals by the way never doubt his commitment to us he always gave 100% the bloke was a liabiltiy

* Agreed ! *

LOLz

Seriously, that was so predictable. When was the last time you made a post that wasn't a dig at Adam Barrett? At a guess it was when you were too busy slagging off Freddy Eastwood.

i thought it was brilliant when the chant "clarky whats the score, clarky clarky whats the score" top bloke though an always gave his all for our cause.

To be honest Clarke did give 100 percent as he should do, i would expect any player pulling on a blues shirt to give just that. But the goals against column while partnering AB at the back didnt make good reading.Even though we seem to have struggled to find a replacement, im quite glad the partnership has been broken up.

Back