• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Clarkey

Angell Delight

Life President
Let's remember that Clarkey gave us absolutely everything he had each and every time he put on a Blues shirt and for me if a player gives that to my club he absolutely deserves applause when he returns. And when he did leave he said nothing but nice things about the club.

Let's show him the respect he deserves pre and post match but more importantly in-between lets GET BEHIND THE BLUES!! We all saw Rev's column last week, we can make the difference today......

Here's to a good season!

:clap:

He'll get a good reception but it's now about the current team and we need every one of us behind the boys and making a hostile atmosphere for the new Huddersfield players to play in.

Come on you Blueeees!

Clarkey deserves a warm welcome for his dignified departure but when the whistle blows and the match begins he becomes an opposition player and that is all!

Lets hope Tilly has also remembered how Clarke couldnt let someone go by him without committing ridiculous and unnecessary fouls, anywhere on the pitch. So hopefully he will play someone right up on him, and right in his face for 90 minutes.
He may have been a trier for us, but today he's just another northern *******.

You could never question Clarkes effort but I never rated him, always looked better than he actually was due to his workrate and commitment, his positional sense and decision making was woeful. The fact that he is playing at the back for Huddersfield gives me a lot of hope today!

He'll get a good reception from me, Clarke conducted himself with dignity and nothing but professionalism from the moment he was put on the transfer list til the final whistle against Cheltenham.

The complete opposite to a certain Mr Bailey who hopefully we'll be seeing a bit later in the season.

Lets hope Tilly has also remembered how Clarke couldnt let someone go by him without committing ridiculous and unnecessary fouls, anywhere on the pitch. So hopefully he will play someone right up on him, and right in his face for 90 minutes.

Laurent, with his trickery, pace and unorthadox running/spider legs will cause Clarkey problems. Thats what i was saying during the week, Freedman/Barny won't cause him problems imo, but Someone like Laurent can cause all sorts of danger.

hear hear

Also lets not forget that clarke was part of one of the worst defensive records in the divisions we participated in!!

Also lets not forget the umpteen times he hoofed the ball cleared straight to the oppo giving valuable posession away!!

Also lets not forget that for the majority of his Southend career he had a tendancy to make a major clangers at least once a game!!

BOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

The season is finally here!!! Lets give Peter Clarke a good reception and still pick up 3 points today.
Up the Blues !!!!

Who needs Clarkey, we've got Mvoto! (for 5/6 months at least, and assuming he's as good as we hope he is)

Great post! Will be applauging Clarkey out, he was always appreciative of our support, and he said nice things about the club before he left us. He will be getting a good reception from me, and I hope that everyone else claps him when his name is read out!

Will be a good game today, 3 pts for the Shrimpers today! Lets get right behind our team! COME ON SOUTHEND!!!

UTB!

Clarkey got a great reception today and applauded the fans with good dignity

Back