• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

'Classic' TV shows you hate

My nominations are:

Septoe and Son
On The Buses
Carry on Films (most of them)
Last Of The Summer Wine
Antiques Roadshow
Gerry Springer
South Park (not really a classic in my book, although its been around for about 19 years)

My nominations are:

Septoe and Son
On The Buses
Carry on Films (most of them)
Last Of The Summer Wine
Antiques Roadshow
Gerry Springer
South Park (not really a classic in my book, although its been around for about 19 years)

I hate Carry on films with a passion.

I really can't get my head around any American comedy to be honest, so would not know if any are good, bad or indifferent.

Frasier is a masterpiece in slapstick, irony and satire.
Master of None is low-key brilliance
Community is excellent, as is Parks and Rec

However, knowing your dark sense of humour

I would recommend Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Are you Being Served
Dads Army
Hi de Hi
Porridge
Open All Hours
Last of the Summer Wine
Rising Damp
Sorry
Steptoe and Son
Till Death Us Do Part
Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads
Ab Fab
Terry and June...

basically all the old comedies which were repeated ad nauseum whilst i was a lad.

Totally disagree. Friends despite it's sometime sugary and cloying nature was original and sometimes incredibly funny.
Totally agree. I really didn't want to like it, always thought it was very much a chick thing. Initially I only saw it because the missus watched it all the time when E4 had it on constant rotation, but I quickly grew to love it.

That "Mrs Brown's Boys" stuff - just not funny, I have tried to watch it a couple of times BUT just can't understand what it is about, but then I don't much like panto either.

Any US sitcom that's turned up on E4 (I.e. Friends, How I Met Your Mother or that abomination that is Big Bang Theory), and most British ones, including Gavin and Stacey and The Office, mostly because I find James Corden and David Brent to be the most unfunny ***** in the universe, as well as any soap in existence no matter the channel... Think that's it for now...

I find soaps moronic and far to melodramatic for my money, and most US sitcoms are completely unfunny. Big Bang Theory hits a personal nerve because I find Sheldon to be a raging stereotype of myself. I get enough of me every day, I don't need more.

Any US sitcom that's turned up on E4 (I.e. Friends, How I Met Your Mother or that abomination that is Big Bang Theory), and most British ones, including Gavin and Stacey and The Office, mostly because I find James Corden and David Brent to be the most unfunny ***** in the universe, as well as any soap in existence no matter the channel... Think that's it for now...

I find soaps moronic and far to melodramatic for my money, and most US sitcoms are completely unfunny. Big Bang Theory hits a personal nerve because I find Sheldon to be a raging stereotype of myself. I get enough of me every day, I don't need more.
Do you actually have a sense of humour? Serious question.

Yes. Unfortunately, it seems most of the planet has lower standards.

I'd probably like Spaced, if it's any consolation. Although I find myself preferring Pegg to Frost so that could end badly...

Top Gear. It's for virgins.

Can I nominate Question of Sport? Had a time and place and I did love it back when it wasn't filled with complete tossers and pre-written comedy.

Rising damp
ello,ello
last of the summer wine
love thy neighbour

There are at least two people who will incur my wrath for knocking the two comedy classics that were Porridge and Steptoe & Son. Both genius.

As I only know Napster, he gets double bubble on the wrath thing.

Oh, and I didn't like Friends either.

I LOVE Friends, it's something I can watch over and over again, and is our regular default choice if bugger all else is on!

I always liked OFAH but am finding it becoming seriously tedious these days, it doesn't seem to have quite the longevity I though it did.

And Carry On Films? Sheer genius!

I never have liked The Office, I don't find Ricky Gervais in the least bit funny. Having said that, I have a lot of respect for him when he's being genuine and "normal". I have also never liked Alan Partridge......

Back