• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

'Classic' TV shows you hate

Totally agree. I really didn't want to like it, always thought it was very much a chick thing. Initially I only saw it because the missus watched it all the time when E4 had it on constant rotation, but I quickly grew to love it.

I had to suffer Friends because of er in doors teenage daughter. If I watched football for two hours then we had to have 4 hours of repeated Friends. American comedy is like their beer....lightweight and lacks any punch. At one stage, when I was stupidly plotting revenge, I thought about taping something like Stoke v Aston Villa and playing it 6 times in a month.

I had to suffer Friends because of er in doors teenage daughter. If I watched football for two hours then we had to have 4 hours of repeated Friends. American comedy is like their beer....lightweight and lacks any punch. At one stage, when I was stupidly plotting revenge, I thought about taping something like Stoke v Aston Villa and playing it 6 times in a month.

Now you are talking crap - Seinfeld, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Parks & Recreation etc etc and etc.

I LOVE Friends, it's something I can watch over and over again, and is our regular default choice if bugger all else is on!

I always liked OFAH but am finding it becoming seriously tedious these days, it doesn't seem to have quite the longevity I though it did.

And Carry On Films? Sheer genius!

I never have liked The Office, I don't find Ricky Gervais in the least bit funny. Having said that, I have a lot of respect for him when he's being genuine and "normal". I have also never liked Alan Partridge......
Agree about Friends and Carry On... films. Disagree about The Office and Alan Partridge - 2 of the last truly great British comedy series IMHO.

Now you are talking crap - Seinfeld, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Parks & Recreation etc etc and etc.

Well in that case I'll go Not the Nine o'clock News, Black Adder Goes Fourth, Au Wiedersehen Pet 1 and 2 etc etc

Well in that case I'll go Not the Nine o'clock News, Black Adder Goes Fourth, Au Wiedersehen Pet 1 and 2 etc etc

Good and bad in both countries Rigsby - to say that American comedy is lightweight is just wrong.

.ot
Good and bad in both countries Rigsby - to say that American comedy is lightweight is just wrong.

Well I have tried to watch American comedy but I'm left with the same feeling that you would get if you went to watch Orient instead of Southend...Its still football but there's no passion involved and deep down you'd rather be watching someone else

Eastenders
Casulty
Holby City
X Factor (does that count)
Big Brother and Celebrity Big Brother
Antique Roadshow
Any soap ever

Don't know whether you could regard it as "classic" yet but I just cannot abide Downton Abbey. I tried to watch it for five minutes once and I found I couldn't and yet there is all this hype about. On some holidays we have been on where we have made friends with Anericans they rave about the programme

Don't know whether you could regard it as "classic" yet but I just cannot abide Downton Abbey. I tried to watch it for five minutes once and I found I couldn't and yet there is all this hype about. On some holidays we have been on where we have made friends with Anericans they rave about the programme

So do some French friends of my wife's.I can't stand it either.

Back