• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend_Lady

Ginger Sam
I watched the Champions League Final in Varsity last night. The atmosphere was brilliant and it was buzzing in there. I did have to ask one of the Man United fans who was gloating before the match if he knew how far Manchester actually was from Southend, but that was just another matter....

I thought it was a cracking match but I felt the only person who let the whole occasion down was Drogba. Spent half the game acting as though he'd been shot by a sniper while Paul Scholes battles on despite having a broken nose.

I actually think Drogba was to blame for last nights defeat which is ironic as he has probably been a big factor with his goals helping them to the final. His pathetic slap right in front of the referee was insanely stupid. With everything still to play for, there was just no need for this. Glad he got sent off, decision was spot on, you just cant do that and get away with it. Had he taken the last penalty I think he wouldve scored and Chelsea would have won it.

If I was a Chelsea fan then I would be feeling very ashamed this morning. Thank god he isnt an English player otherwise I probably would've been feeling that way anyway. Whether it be Avram Grant or someone else who is Chelsea boss, I think there should be one item at the top of the agenda - "Drogba out". Last nights antics by him were just one on a long list of pathetic dives and moans. Last night was his biggest blunder of them all and it cost Chelsea dearly. I expect Abromovich is seething this morning and if I was Drogba I wouldnt want to bump into him anytime soon!

Felt for the Chelsea players as they didnt give up, however I do think the better team won and Man United were rewarded for being the best team in England this year, and now in Europe.

Last edited:
Spot on Southend Lady, he is a prick, I hope he leaves Chelsea this summer, I am bored of seeing his antics on the box of a saturday night. I know they are all bad, but he is terrible, its not only the way he dives a lot, its the amount of time he spends having a go at the ref, "concentrate on your own game mate" would be my advice. Well that and "**** off"

I just got back from Moscow after 4 days with 5hrs sleep so shattered. Was a good time but boy am I happy to live in such a nice part of the world!

Anyway yes your right Drogba let Chelsea down and it could have been different if he was still on the pitch, not a nice way to say goodbye to the Chelsea fans either.

Credit to Mr JT though a true leg-end!

Back