• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This man is a total hero and my pick for player of the year!

Always dependable and likes to get forward.

Your views on Sean for player of the year?

Cant argue with that.

He has been Mr. reliable all season & really is a class or 2 above this league. Only time Ive seen him have anywhere near an off game he was apparently recovering from food poisoning, but even then had a decent game.

Defiantly PotY..:thumbsup:

I agree an ever present i believe as well? i wouldn't be surprised if he was the ONE to leave for a higher level chance
i'm sure there must be clubs looking at him and thinking that he could do a job for them ,his all round game puts him in a
different class than this level very lucky to have him i think

I agree an ever present i believe as well? i wouldn't be surprised if he was the ONE to leave for a higher level chance
i'm sure there must be clubs looking at him and thinking that he could do a job for them ,his all round game puts him in a
different class than this level very lucky to have him i think

I have said this many times, that I am very surprised that no club has apparently come after him. He is only 24 as well and he would be more than capable at League 1 level and possibly Championship.

totally agree Clohessy Number 1 for me consistent, dedicated and also always acknowledges fans. also noticeable in trying to work with Bil too, encouraging and calming him. Classic team man in the Chris Powell mode (although not at Sir Chris' level of course).

Clohessy has developed into one of the most decent full backs we have had in recent years.

First name on the teamsheet for me.

Well deserving of any awards that come his way.

Keep it up Sean.

I'll probably jinx it now, but how many games has he played in a row? He must be challenging for some records?

Last edited:
For those that can remember, I would put Clohessy in the same class as Mickey Stead.

Clohessy has developed into one of the most decent full backs we have had in recent years.

First name on the teamsheet for me.

Well deserving of any awards that come his way.

Keep it up Sean.

I'll probably jinx it now, but how many games has he played in a row? He must be challenging for some records?

Played 93 out of 95 games. Played in the last 88 games, last one he missed was 31/08/2010 in the Gillingham game. Also in all his 93 games, he has started and NEVER been subbed.

Played 93 out of 95 games. Played in the last 88 games, last one he missed was 31/08/2010 in the Gillingham game. Also in all his 93 games, he has started and NEVER been subbed.

Considering the kick in the face he took against Stevenage last season is all the more remarkable.

Can't argue with him being player of the year at the moment, he does it all - some of his interplay with Hall earlier on in the season was brilliant up and down the wing.

His play for me was summed up the last game we had at Roots hall. He was supporting high up the field directly in front of East Red, he lost the ball, was caught out of position and the other team had a break on. He put his head down, steamed after their winger, executed a beautiful sliding tackle taking man and ball, retained the ball at his feet and surged forward again before setting up Dicko for a shot. Turned a mistake into a shot on goal - :Worthy:

Probably yes, but only becasue Philips has been injured. When both are fit Phillips is the more importaant player in our team IMO

Back