• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend Elvis

First XI
Just come on to see two threads stopped, early.... this is a forum for different comment and opinion, abuse is one thing but not liking someone's point of view, is no reason for the closure of a thread?

agreed and anyway I have a soft spot for the captain if not always for his comments

Depends whether you quoting facrs and figures that show
Sturrock to be not a good manager the facrs dont lie
Only 4 wins in the last 17 games and no away win since rotherham back in jan(forgot about this one)
Everyone says we flirted with the play offs but we also flirted with relegation

But in this instance if Clarence was unable to use enough gumption to post his "thank you" to PS in the existing "Thank you Paul Sturrock" thread then the mods have every right to close it! Haven't seen what the other closed one is yet, I do agree sometimes though that threads are closed for little or no reason.

Just come on to see two threads stopped, early.... this is a forum for different comment and opinion, abuse is one thing but not liking someone's point of view, is no reason for the closure of a thread?

Totally agree. The closing of the Tilly thread is actually quite unbelievable. It's the typical power-hungry guys.

One thread closed in error and two threads merged and the Tilly thread was going nowhere. There are other Tilly threads in the General Football forum you can post on to your heart's content if you want to, look for the Lincoln threads.

We run threads until they run out of steam or get abusive. I am a firm believer of freedom of speech but there is no point people opening threads when there are others on the same subject, some have the same title.

But in this instance if Clarence was unable to use enough gumption to post his "thank you" to PS in the existing "Thank you Paul Sturrock" thread then the mods have every right to close it! Haven't seen what the other closed one is yet, I do agree sometimes though that threads are closed for little or no reason.

Or deleted......

One thread closed in error and two threads merged and the Tilly thread was going nowhere. There are other Tilly threads in the General Football forum you can post on to your heart's content if you want to, look for the Lincoln threads.

We run threads until they run out of steam or get abusive. I am a firm believer of freedom of speech but there is no point people opening threads when there are others on the same subject, some have the same title.

What he said.
FWIW I closed the second Thank you Sturrock thread because as all can see there was already a current thread. And to be honest I couldn't be arsed to merge the threads at silly o'clock this morning when I was just leaving for work.

I think that people should respect the Mods and owners a little more. All the work they do in keeping this site active and open is unpaid and INCREDIBLY time consuming, plus they are the ones who will have to defend any complaints and face litigation if they don't take the correct action against people who think that freedom of speech means freedom to abuse.

They own the site, they can do what they like. Perhaps when people understand that they will then grasp that Ron owns SUFC and can do what he likes as well.

If anyone doesn't like it, may I suggest they start their own forum?

Depends whether you quoting facrs and figures that show
Sturrock to be not a good manager the facrs dont lie
Only 4 wins in the last 17 games and no away win since rotherham back in jan(forgot about this one)
Everyone says we flirted with the play offs but we also flirted with relegation

The only facts I care about is that at the start of the season we had four professionals signed, on a slippery slope and I can now look back at the league table and see that we stayed up, in a mid table position. Yes this isa poor league, but if you go back to all threads at the start of the season, every spoke of relegation, administration and maybe even the end of the club. We stayed up - fact, we did not enter administration - fact and we still have a club to support - fact. A season of stability, exactly what this club needed and also a reality check to some supporters as well.

UTB's

The only facts I care about is that at the start of the season we had four professionals signed, on a slippery slope and I can now look back at the league table and see that we stayed up, in a mid table position. Yes this isa poor league, but if you go back to all threads at the start of the season, every spoke of relegation, administration and maybe even the end of the club. We stayed up - fact, we did not enter administration - fact and we still have a club to support - fact. A season of stability, exactly what this club needed and also a reality check to some supporters as well.

UTB's

I think you're right.

I think that people should respect the Mods and owners a little more. All the work they do in keeping this site active and open is unpaid and INCREDIBLY time consuming, plus they are the ones who will have to defend any complaints and face litigation if they don't take the correct action against people who think that freedom of speech means freedom to abuse.

They own the site, they can do what they like. Perhaps when people understand that they will then grasp that Ron owns SUFC and can do what he likes as well.

If anyone doesn't like it, may I suggest they start their own forum?

I totally agree with your sentiment and comments and think that the owners do a magnificent job. I started the Tilly thread in ex-shrimpers which I thought was the correct place to put it and it wasn't until one of the owners started their own little attack on DWB that it started to go down-hill. As I said agree that we must follow their rules as it is their site but shouldn't they be subject to those same rules of etiquette in order to keep this great site going?

I totally agree with your sentiment and comments and think that the owners do a magnificent job. I started the Tilly thread in ex-shrimpers which I thought was the correct place to put it and it wasn't until one of the owners started their own little attack on DWB that it started to go down-hill. As I said agree that we must follow their rules as it is their site but shouldn't they be subject to those same rules of etiquette in order to keep this great site going?

I'm not sure which 'little attacks' you are referring to. Four of the five owners commented on that thread - mcnasty, Cricko, MtS and myself - and whilst Cricko and I posted our disagreement with DWB's views I didn't see anything on there that constituted an 'attack'.

We try as much as possible to post as we would hope others would. Some of us may not do so 100%, of the time but everyone on the board - owners, mods, newbies, but not Col Ewe fans - deserves a bit of leverage for the times when passions are running high.

I'm not sure which 'little attacks' you are referring to. Four of the five owners commented on that thread - mcnasty, Cricko, MtS and myself - and whilst Cricko and I posted our disagreement with DWB's views I didn't see anything on there that constituted an 'attack'.

We try as much as possible to post as we would hope others would. Some of us may not do so 100%, of the time but everyone on the board - owners, mods, newbies, but not Col Ewe fans - deserves a bit of leverage for the times when passions are running high.

Perhaps I am going mad or read it in another thread but can't find it now bit one of the owners specifically refereed to DWB as having little man syndrome or something along those lines and also referenced the spanish inqusition or something along those lines. I'm not fussed either way - the site belongs to others not me and I am greatful for this site and don't make the rules. Agreed leverage should be allowed but there are times when it does appear that if you are not in agreement with the majority then your opinion is riduculed as opposed to being argued against objectively. Hey ho no big deal!

Apart from the children on the Zone we are all old enough to understand banter even if some of it might seem a bit over the top to some. The "reported post" function exists to inform the owners of any abusive posts, sometimes needed as we do not have any full time employees reading every post and so some posts may slip through the net.

Please note even owners can make personal comments -- any "official" posts will be made by shrimpadmin ---- as we must be entitled to our own opinions, even if they differ from the members. Mass debate is what it is all about.

Apart from the children on the Zone we are all old enough to understand banter even if some of it might seem a bit over the top to some. The "reported post" function exists to inform the owners of any abusive posts, sometimes needed as we do not have any full time employees reading every post and so some posts may slip through the net.

Please note even owners can make personal comments -- any "official" posts will be made by shrimpadmin ---- as we must be entitled to our own opinions, even if they differ from the members. Mass debate is what it is all about.

:hilarious:

Perhaps I am going mad or read it in another thread but can't find it now bit one of the owners specifically refereed to DWB as having little man syndrome or something along those lines and also referenced the spanish inqusition or something along those lines. I'm not fussed either way - the site belongs to others not me and I am greatful for this site and don't make the rules. Agreed leverage should be allowed but there are times when it does appear that if you are not in agreement with the majority then your opinion is riduculed as opposed to being argued against objectively. Hey ho no big deal!

Those posts were deleted.....

Those posts were deleted.....

That's what I had assumed but didn't want to say that as I had no proof. Oh well it's like others have said - it's the owners site and they can do what they want. They have their own opinions and I guess they will express those those opinions as/how and when they see fit. The only problem I have with that is that who regulates the regulators?. I guess I already know the answer to that.

That's what I had assumed but didn't want to say that as I had no proof. Oh well it's like others have said - it's the owners site and they can do what they want. They have their own opinions and I guess they will express those those opinions as/how and when they see fit. The only problem I have with that is that who regulates the regulators?. I guess I already know the answer to that.

No they can't. They must be bound by the same rules as everybody else, which one of them should remember before he leaves ********* again

Back