• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Benfleet A1

Hector Of The House
My missus has a old family friend who does house clearance and is a sometime antique dealer. He is also seriously mad as a brush and can bore for Britain but his heart is in the right place. He seems to have taken a shine to my kids and always sends something to them on birthdays and christmas but it is never toys. Yesterday, he was down this way for a funeral and popped by on the off chance that we would be in. He only stays for a couple of minutes but always leaves something for the kids. This time he has left clowns. Now these things are not toys and they are not new. They are bug ugly things which scare the snot out of our daughter while my son wants to launch them into the garden but I'm not so sure these things are just spooky dust collectors. They are porcelin and to my untrained eye quite old but have no idea how old. As I said, he is as mad as a hatter, harmless but barking and it wouldn't suprise me in the slightest if they might be worth something.

Does anyone have any suggestions to where I could get these things looked at without getting ripped off. All good suggestions will be granted green and if I do get something for them then a donation to the zone will be forthcoming. I thank you.

Look for a local auctioneers, they often have experts in who could give a current valuation, and obviously want the highest price for things because they then get a higher commission. You don't have to then put them for sale if you don't want to. Be careful with antique shops because they will price at a level that suits them to then make their own profit.

The best thing to do is leave them in the cupboard. Then in the middle of the night get up and move them into position at the side of the kids bed looking at them.

Whatever you choose to do, don't take them down the seafront....You might get....

wait for it....

Sand In the Clowns

I thankyou.

Battlesbridge. Bound to be someone over there who can help, or photograph and send info with pic to Stacey's.

My considered advice would be to make a day of it and sink a few pints of Brewers Gold at The Barge.

They do a really fantastic pint there.

Like your thinking but as I have just had a gnasher tugged and am working tomorrow night I might have to put that idea on hold.

Is there any writing on it? Do you have a photo you can whack up? No point getting ripped off by experts - let us all do some research

Back