• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Maldon Shrimper

First XI⭐
Just received details of the accounts from the club to be discussed on the 27th April at the Civic Centre.Anyone that understands balance sheets your comments and views would be appreciated

The latest accounts were discussed when they came ut in the middle of last year, so there should be some comments in Finance Forum.

That is unless years of same old same old has driven everyone into Apathy

I was reading these accounts last night and can't believe the RM out gang aren't all over these accounts.

As far as I can see the 2016 accounts haven't been ripped apart on here yet.

Thought people would have something to say on the related party notes and the statement that planning should be submitted "next month". As these were signed off in March that effectively says planning will be submitted in April....24 days and counting......

I was reading these accounts last night and can't believe the RM out gang aren't all over these accounts.

As far as I can see the 2016 accounts haven't been ripped apart on here yet.

Thought people would have something to say on the related party notes and the statement that planning should be submitted "next month". As these were signed off in March that effectively says planning will be submitted in April....24 days and counting......

We all know Southend are heavily in debt. But we also know that Ron Martin keeps the club ticking over somehow by hook or by crook, some of it we are probably best not knowing. RM has managed to build a very good squad with the Manager. The Stadium planning thing we all ignore as it's usually missed, objected to, changed in some way, or falls flat due to the economic climate. So when it happens, it happens.

That thread was for the 2015 accounts. Haven't got them with me but I'm sure it was the July 2016 accounts I was looking at last night.

Both year accounts are in the booklet.
Revenues are up, expenditures are up, debt is increased too.
As RM is keeping afloat and moving in the right direction what more is there?

Unless someone has £30+ million to invest?

Some shizzle about a fantasy land stadium called "Fossetts"?

REMEMBER : It could be worse, we could be where Orient are ( arguably a bigger club than us ) :omg::omg::omg::omg::omg:

According to Companies house

Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/08/2015 (TOTAL EXEMPTION FULL)
Next Accounts Due: 31/05/2017

So if these are the unpublished accounts , is there any chance of an analysis (or a scan copy :winking:)

They may be the unadited accounts, but I very much doubt itThanks

They show Turnover at £5.4million up from £3.5 million, Gross Profit £595,862 but an operating loss of £1.27million (£1.4m after tax) after taking into account Administration expenses of £1.9 million.

Total debt looks to be £15.7m

Income shows a profit on Player trading of £1.4m, Season Tickets £669k and Gate receipts of a fraction over £1m.

Wages & Salaries were £3.67m up from £2.99m. Playing staff & coaches numbered 85 down from 93. Total empoyees (inc players etc.) 129 down from 137.

Interestingly during the year SEL invoiced the club for £835,074 in relation to building of the new stadium.

I am a new shareholder.

Can anyone tell me what the buffet is like at the AGM? I might pop along for a couple of party eggs and a sausage roll or two.

BTW - Can anyone tell me how many SUFC shares there are out there?

I hold 450 shares and want to know how much of the club I own.

Back