• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Match Preference

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

McNasty

I have a meeting with the Club in a few day's time.

They would like to know, from those attending games, their preference of either Friday night or Saturday.

Please do not vote if you cannot attend matches for any reason.

If I had to choose Id go with Saturday, purely because I like to take the kids and Friday night not great for them.

However I do think we should have 2 or 3 Friday night games a year.

Love Friday night football and voted for it but means my boy can't attend so for his sake I should vote Saturday

I've had to miss 3 games this season all because they have been on a Friday and when I visit Essex I normally arrive either Saturday morning or late Friday night. When I go to games I normally drag my Dad and 3 friends who sometimes bring people along too as it's like a reunion so it's the club that is losing out.

Friday nights are the reason I don't get a season ticket any more, Saturdays all day long for me:thumbsup:

Don't mind the odd Friday night, 2 or 3 a season, but this year there have been too many and attendances haven't stood up to previous years on Friday's because of it.

I prefer a mix. Mainly Saturdays, but the odd Friday night gets me some brownie points at home (ie we can go out on the Saturday). Some people can't make Sats and vice versa, so surely a few Fridays thrown in would help them.

Saturday all the way. The whole day at the football cant be replicated by a rush home from work and a swift half time pint.

Much prefer Saturday matches,also seems worse if we lost on Fri.

Agree, if we lose on a Saturday it only ruins my Saturday evening and Sunday, whereas a Friday defeat ruins my whole weekend :smile:

On a serious note I'd go with Saturday

I prefer a mix. Mainly Saturdays, but the odd Friday night gets me some brownie points at home (ie we can go out on the Saturday). Some people can't make Sats and vice versa, so surely a few Fridays thrown in would help them.
Agree with thus. I think the poll needed more options, which is what the Trust has done

No vote. I'm not fussed either way. Both have their different advantages and disadvantages to me.

Tuesday evening matches, on the other hand, I can really live without.

I am mixed. Fridays work well as a family man as you get Sat with family. Saturdays are better for the single men and non locals.

The occasional Friday is fine but there have been far too many this season I feel. The attendances on Friday seem to have been lower as well. I know Southend have a tradition of Friday night football but for me, football is a Saturday 3.00pm game and always will be.

Ticked Friday but I can see why people would prefer Saturday. Think the best would be to have 1 home game on Friday every month or two.

Back