• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Club cricket

Anyone on here playing club cricket?
I got my first two wickets for my new club today.
We batted first in a 40s over per side. I was at 7, arrived at the wicket in about the 10th over, dug in for a while, got done by a lovely leg break.
We batted about 30 overs in all, then they knocked off our score in 10 overs.
So we played a 2020. I uprooted a leg stump then got one caught on the boundary in the slog. 3 balls left in our innings when I got to the crease again (I was at 11 coz I bowled all my overs), tried to smack my second ball but popped it up into the leg side to be out for 0 (only catch that guy took all day, and he had plenty of chances.
Had all the weather but snow - clouds, great globules of rain, humidity, finally a lovely sunny evening.

Less said about my fielding the better, but I wasn't out of place for the standard.

Anyone else play this weekend?
Anyone else doing anything to keep the Covid boredom away?

Good to hear sir.

Sadly I stopped about 3 years ago but loved local cricket. That and test match cricket......Not to bothered by the bits in-between.

Who was you playing for?

I've lived in South London for nearly 20 years now. Just moved near Forest Hill so playing for Streatham and Marlborough on the edge of Dulwich.
Back in the day I used to play for Horndon, Standford-le-Hope and Basildon and Pitsea. I'm very lucky as we moved into our new flat a year ago with a beautiful cricket club 5 minutes walk away. I'm joined up and playing all I can this year

Last edited:
Back