• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

number11

"Good morning everybody........"
This Saturday I went to the game via one of the Club's hospitality packages. It was a one off as a friend was back in this country getting married (SamuraiBlue) and we thought we would do something a bit different.

Have to say I was very impressed. I had some reservations based on a corporate thing at the club I went to many years ago, but it was a really good day. Decent food, bottle of wine, some beers at half time and full time, David Crown on hand to chat to the guests, the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Big thank you to Mark Davies the marketing manager who sorted a few things out for us. Was a really nice atmosphere in the lounge and then very good seats in the east.

If you are just looking to watch the game, you are not going to get yourself a bargain doing this package, but if you want to do something a bit nicer / different before or after the game, Id thoroughly recommend it.

After the game Crown was on hand to chat again, joined by Peter Butler who was visiting from Malaysia. If ever Crown is up for nomination to the Hall of Fame again I would urge everyone to vote him in. His passion for the club is self evident from the way he talks so fondly of his time here (though think he was also very touched that we remembered his time here so fondly as well!) and he was around for the whole of the day speaking to the various guests. From being an absolute legend of a goalscorer yet coming across as a complete fan as well makes him a shoe in for me on the next round of nominations.

All in all, well done to the club and a big thank you.

Back