• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

wiggy

Darryl's Love Child
...and will be for the next few years. On the verge of the play offs in a really crap league with a decent bloke in charge and what happens as always? Ron gives us absolutely no chance of going any further. Season ticket in shreads, won't be renewing and can't wait till his little dream is in shreads as well. What a pathetic situation to be in as we were today, yoofs abound and a complete waste of everyones time and energy, couldn't even be bothered to turn the dial to 95.3. How can anyone support this fraudster anymore? No more beer and burgers from me, leave that to the die hard gullibles from now on, enough is enough!

But hey, Wiggy, some people think Ron will give us some undefined good news on or before the AGM, so everything's fine and dandy again ......

Haha, twentieth smokescreen so far, vote with your feet to get this waster and his equally useless sidekick out!

Wigster, Wigo, Wiger, we don't support Ron, we support Southend United, that's what it's worth the time and the energy.
However I take your point that Ronald is not doing brilliantly well at the mo, and I to think we need a rich Arab bloke and sharpish!

Wigster, Wigo, Wiger, we don't support Ron, we support Southend United, that's what it's worth the time and the energy.
However I take your point that Ronald is not doing brilliantly well at the mo, and I to think we need a rich Arab bloke and sharpish!

Fair enough if you want to support the name of Southend United but quite honestly with him in charge i don't know how you do it. Sturrock must be something else to let all his efforts go to waste as well. Like i say, it's such a crap League that with just a little bit of asistance then the suffering fans may have had something to hang on to but not with blinkered Ron in charge.!

The club & fans deserve better. The club will only move forward when we have a new owner, which can't come soon enough for me. If the stadium doesn't start soon I wonder how long we have got until Sainsburys pull the plug and stop covering our losses. I stopped listening to the spin 18 months ago after the broken promises from Ron and co about the stadium being started shortly. The only time I'll believe it is when the builders are actually on site. Even if this happens how on earth we are going to survive the two years it will take to build and even when completed the stadium that still won't now generate much more income than at present. Sorry to be a pessimist, but we are currently living hand to mouth and going forward there doesn't seem to be any plan to be able to be self sufficient. Complete & utter farce.

...and will be for the next few years. On the verge of the play offs in a really crap league with a decent bloke in charge and what happens as always? Ron gives us absolutely no chance of going any further. Season ticket in shreads, won't be renewing and can't wait till his little dream is in shreads as well. What a pathetic situation to be in as we were today, yoofs abound and a complete waste of everyones time and energy, couldn't even be bothered to turn the dial to 95.3. How can anyone support this fraudster anymore? No more beer and burgers from me, leave that to the die hard gullibles from now on, enough is enough!

I'm sorry wiggy your wrong,to stop eating those yummy burgers with delish onions is madness,as for Martini **** him.

For once im with wiggy.

We have a chance to turn a disaster season into something , but we have had to field 4 or 5 kids as we havent been able to get anyone in despite moving atleast 3 out and having the worst injury list i can remember.

If they did random means testing on clubs and there chairman then we would be ****ed.

Ron martin do us all a favour and just **** off as its clear that you are unable to take the club foward.

Dont agree with not supporting the club though. I'll go through thick and thin.

as i said before ,what promises were made to Sturrock by Ron.If hes kept as many as he has to the supporters PS will walk
Fair enough if you want to support the name of Southend United but quite honestly with him in charge i don't know how you do it. Sturrock must be something else to let all his efforts go to waste as well. Like i say, it's such a crap League that with just a little bit of asistance then the suffering fans may have had something to hang on to but not with blinkered Ron in charge.!

As I and others have said many, many times, this man is a little chancer, who jumped in and saw 2 massive brown field sites ripe for developement at a small cost. The Club could be used as a lever to virtually blackmail gullible Councilors into agreeing to anything he wanted. By 2007 all had fallen into place.....then the crash when the market went t*ts up, he no Plan B and had borrowed and borrowed against his future pipe dream. He always was an unfit man to run a football club, but we are stuck with him now I am afraid and I really do fear for the furure of SUFC.

Things could be much, much worse. Currently, we still have a club which is, and will always be more important than any individual. Also, as mentioned many times before, there does not appear to be any alternative to Ron.

Just a couple of things that provide me with some optimism though: -
  • Our manager is as astute as they come, I'm sure he wouldn't put up with all the problems we have had if he did not believe that Ron could deliver his grand plans.
  • Ron appears to be supporting and investing in our youth set-up and has offered several contracts. This indicates to me that he is looking at the future of SUFC.
  • Also, Tara also seems to be fairly astute and reports to having significant investment in the Club. I'm sure he would have carefully assessed Ron's business plan before committing. He is still around.
I guess gauging success depends on your initial expectations for this season. Of course it is disappointing missing out on the play-offs and what might have been had we signed some players or if our injuries hadn't been so substantial. But on the positive side we: -
  • Still have a club to support
  • Have an excellent manager [IMO]
  • Have the nucleus of a very good side at this level
  • Have a long term plan for the future [whether you have confidence in this plan is another matter, but we have a plan]
  • Have one of the best youth set ups for a club of our size headed by the fantastic Ricky Duncan [who also seems to see a future for our club]
As I said, it could be much, much worse.

Things could be much, much worse. Currently, we still have a club which is, and will always be more important than any individual. Also, as mentioned many times before, there does not appear to be any alternative to Ron.

• Our manager is as astute as they come, I'm sure he wouldn't put up with all the problems we have had if he did not believe that Ron could deliver his grand plans.
  • Ron appears to be supporting and investing in our youth set-up and has offered several contracts. This indicates to me that he is looking at the future of SUFC.
  • Also, Tara also seems to be fairly astute and reports to having significant investment in the Club. I'm sure he would have carefully assessed Ron's business plan before committing. He is still around.
I guess gauging success depends on your initial expectations for this season. Of course it is disappointing missing out on the play-offs and what might have been had we signed some players or if our injuries hadn't been so substantial. But on the positive side we: -
  • Have a long term plan for the future [whether you have confidence in this plan is another matter, but we have a plan]
  • Have one of the best youth set ups for a club of our size headed by the fantastic Ricky Duncan [who also seems to see a future for our club]

Ron appears to be supporting and investing in our youth set-up and has offered several contracts. This indicates to me that he is looking to fund the future of SUFC on the cheap.

[*]Also, Tara also seems to be fairly astute and reports to having significant investment in the Club. I'm sure he would have carefully assessed Ron's business plan before committing. He is still around.

What gives you the impression that he is fairly astute in football matters. Not saying he isn't, just wondered how you'd formed that opinion.

There was a suggestion that he is owed money by Ron or Group company and that was why he is here.

I am very envious of your capacity to be so optimistic in the face of what's happened over the last couple of years..

I agree it could be worse, but how do we move forward with a man in charge who seems not to have the cash requide to run a football club. How will next season be any different from the last two, with more embargos in place for up to half a season, and when we are out of an embargo situation no one seems to want to join us anyway, and can you blame them. So next season with a half decent 1st eleven but no back up in case of injuries PS will try dragging Southend back to league 1 with a handycap of our Chairman.

Back