• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Club is dead.... Non league heading if we survive

I'm actually starting to wonder whether the Gillingham game was the falsest of dawns. I didn't see the game but having watched the highlights and read the rave reviews it does seem like that game was the worst thing that could happen in the context of our horrifying start to the season.

For me we simply have to hope that the injured players get back asap. I know that might be wishful thinking but IF that happens our first XI will look a lot different and much more solid - on paper at least.

White and Lennon will be an upgrade on Taylor and Hobson, Dieng can slot in alongside Macca, and like I suggested elsewhere I think we should tie down both sides as well, with Demi in front of Elvis and Ralph in front of Clifford.

Up front I think we need to persist with Kelman - it's not like he's had much service - with Hutch in behind. Akinola, once ready, will give us another welcome option.

I know it's harsh on some of the youngsters - for example, Egbri has impressed me - but they need a rest psychologically, improve fitness in training, ideally get encouragement from the more experienced players and MM, and come back with a more positive frame of mind.

Obviously we need some new blood as well but I'm convinced we'll improve when the likes of White and Demi are available again to offer more experience and organisation.

For me we simply have to hope that the injured players get back asap. I know that might be wishful thinking but IF that happens our first XI will look a lot different and much more solid - on paper at least.

The problem with your missing senior pros - other than the obvious fact that they’re all injury prone - is that I don’t think they’re even particularly good players at this level.

John White would get in Orient’s side, but we have an unusually **** poor defence. I doubt many of them would start at other clubs and certainly not those who will be in the top half of the table. With that in mind, I’m not sure how they’re going to elevate the performances of the five or six youngsters who are still likely to be involved.

As things currently stand, I would place the under/over points spread on your season at 30, which is 6 fewer than our youth team got relegated with and approximately 18 points short of safety. MM is going to have to play a blinder in the transfer market over the coming weeks... if he’s allowed to.

I'm actually starting to wonder whether the Gillingham game was the falsest of dawns. I didn't see the game but having watched the highlights and read the rave reviews it does seem like that game was the worst thing that could happen in the context of our horrifying start to the season.

White and Lennon will be an upgrade on Taylor and Hobson, Dieng can slot in alongside Macca, and like I suggested elsewhere I think we should tie down both sides as well, with Demi in front of Elvis and Ralph in front of Clifford.

Up front I think we need to persist with Kelman - it's not like he's had much service - with Hutch in behind. Akinola, once ready, will give us another welcome option.

I know it's harsh on some of the youngsters - for example, Egbri has impressed me - but they need a rest psychologically, improve fitness in training, ideally get encouragement from the more experienced players and MM, and come back with a more positive frame of mind.

Obviously we need some new blood as well but I'm convinced we'll improve when the likes of White and Demi are available again to offer more experience and organisation.

Very similar to the 1st game of last Season against Coventry.

This is a season about scraping through, and getting some stability, getting FF started
In a strange way starting so poorly means that the warning is out straight away and Ron has seen it hence Macca and Akinola.

True, as many, especially GBJ, warned we are weeks behind in training and organisation.

It is early to be throwing the toys from the pram.

It is SO much too early to throw the towel in.

Could it be possible that the last time we visited Roots Hall we were in league 1, and the next time we are allowed back we could be a non league team? A harrowing thought...

This is a season about scraping through, and getting some stability, getting FF started
In a strange way starting so poorly means that the warning is out straight away and Ron has seen it hence Macca and Akinola.

True, as many, especially GBJ, warned we are weeks behind in training and organisation.

It is early to be throwing the toys from the pram.

It is SO much too early to throw the towel in.

The towel was thrown in while someone was on holiday last season.

I was there late 57/58
Best player there at that time was one Martin Britt
,signed for a what was then 1st division side and played in the England youth side that won the world cup back then in Russia.

Best player there at that time was one Martin Britt
,signed for a what was then 1st division side and played in the England youth side that won the world cup back then in Russia.
Good old Martin Britt, know him and the family well from my days at catholic United, nice people:Thumbs up:

Back