• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

blue79

Banned
A few have posted that they are not best pleased with how the ticket office is operating and that the promoting / marketing of the Club is not as good as it was when Brian Wheeler was here.

Maybe things were easier back then as we were in the Championship.

I for one think the Club could be promoted better with its name and logo and other advertisements seen more around town to try and entice people to the games. About the only place I see such things is outside the Garden centre Altons.

I also accept the Club doesn't have the money to employ maybe fully qualified/ experienced people to the jobs in question and are promoting from within.( believe it or not no disrespect intended).

Could things be better in these departments.?

Yes, if we had any money. Things could be a lot better. I'm assuming we still have the 70,000 name database, however how are we using it?

Yes they could and should be better.

Not following up on season ticket holders not renewing

Not sending emails/letters to those that bought tickets last year over the phone (in other words the club has the contact details) but have not come this year

No scheme for supporters to 'bring a friend' to roots hall (cheaper ticket, discount to existing fan whatever)

close to zero advertising of our matches - why not get the bluebelles handing out flyers at Southend station- how much would that cost.

I am not in marketing but surely there must be loads of things that we could be doing but don't. You would think that there was an opportunity for someone unemployed in marketing to appraoch the club and to work self employed on comission or something

Not sending emails/letters to those that bought tickets last year over the phone (in other words the club has the contact details) but have not come this year

No scheme for supporters to 'bring a friend' to roots hall (cheaper ticket, discount to existing fan whatever)

close to zero advertising of our matches - why not get the bluebelles handing out flyers at Southend station- how much would that cost.

I am not in marketing but surely there must be loads of things that we could be doing but don't. You would think that there was an opportunity for someone unemployed in marketing to appraoch the club and to work self employed on comission or something

generally agree with this but I think if someone wants to come to a Southend game they will.
To be honest it most def could improve

I was in a meeting at work earlier to discuss work/life balance and people were giving reasons why they didn't want to work on a Saturday. I mentioned my Southend Season ticket and another guy mentioned his Arsenal season ticket. The repsonse was that I had the better deal because at least Southend won some games, and could win with 10 men.

I know it was only tongue in cheek, but I don't feel overall the perception of watching Southend play football is as bad as many of the doom and gloom merchants make out.

Probably Gash

What has happened to the Family Fun days or themed matches? We have usually had one by now, can't see any coming up either.
Maybe the cost of putting them was not covered by an increase in the attendance. Need to do something though as have you seen how empty the family stand has been this season. I bet the largest drop in our crowd has been from the family section.

A few have posted that they are not best pleased with how the ticket office is operating and that the promoting / marketing of the Club is not as good as it was when Brian Wheeler was here.

Maybe things were easier back then as we were in the Championship.

I for one think the Club could be promoted better with its name and logo and other advertisements seen more around town to try and entice people to the games. About the only place I see such things is outside the Garden centre Altons.

I also accept the Club doesn't have the money to employ maybe fully qualified/ experienced people to the jobs in question and are promoting from within.( believe it or not no disrespect intended).

Could things be better in these departments.?
Absolutely agree,I never liked the Blues Country nonsense and the attempt at 'Blues' branding of the club, it doesn't mean anything. We are Southend United FC and should be marketed as such.

Back