• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Club Response

Dreams

Coach
Hi Scriv,

My brother and I are trying to sort out our tickets for saturday. Usually we would book online but unfortunately last week my brother damaged his knee ligaments and now is on crutches. Because of this my bro rang up yesterday to enquire about disabled access and the possibility of getting an aisle seat to stretch his leg out! He rang in the morning yesterday and they said they woudl ring him back. He is still waiting for a reply having chased them up twice by phone and once by email!

Sorry to bug you about this but we want to make sure he can get to the game as we haven't missed a first game of the season for years!!

Can you help in anyway!??

Regards

Ben
aka Dreams

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dreams @ Aug. 03 2004,10:44)]Hi Scriv,

My brother and I are trying to sort out our tickets for saturday. Usually we would book online but unfortunately last week my brother damaged his knee ligaments and now is on crutches. Because of this my bro rang up yesterday to enquire about disabled access and the possibility of getting an aisle seat to stretch his leg out! He rang in the morning yesterday and they said they woudl ring him back. He is still waiting for a reply having chased them up twice by phone and once by email!

Sorry to bug you about this but we want to make sure he can get to the game as we haven't missed a first game of the season for years!!

Regards

Ben
aka Dreams
I took a disabled mate to a match (who now goes quite regularly) a few seasons ago.

He contacted the club before the game and they sent him two free tickets for the match (disabled got in free anyway at the time. Do they now?) plus a seasons car park permit for Roots hall car park.

Strictly speaking your brother is injured, not disabled so I wouldn't expect the freebies but I found the club very willing to help those with access problems.

Cheers mate,

I'm not expecting freebies (although I won't turn them down), just like some ease of access for him as stairs are a challenge!! I'm sure the club are very good in this situation but the fact they said they would call back and they are yet to do so I find rather rude!

[b said:

Regards

Ben
aka Dreams
Ben,

It would help if you tell me who you spoke too.

Dave

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Aug. 03 2004,11:32)]
[b said:

Regards

Ben
aka Dreams
Ben,

Dave
That reminds me. Dave, Brian Dear was singing your praises yesterday.

He rang the main number for the club and spoke to a lady in there who said she would pass his number onto the ticket office who would call him back regarding the issue. He didn't have any names I'm afraid!

Cheers Dave

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Aug. 03 2004,11:36)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Aug. 03 2004,11:32)]
[b said:

Regards

Ben
aka Dreams
Ben,

Dave
That reminds me. Dave, Brian Dear was singing your praises yesterday.
Better pay him later!

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dreams @ Aug. 03 2004,11:36)]He rang the main number for the club and spoke to a lady in there who said she would pass his number onto the ticket office who would call him back regarding the issue. He didn't have any names I'm afraid!

Cheers Dave
Ben can you email me at media@southend-united.co.uk with your full name (and your brothers) with the exact story and I'll try and sort it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Aug. 03 2004,11:36)]
That reminds me. Dave, Brian Dear was singing your praises yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he didn't stop going on about you.

No chance of you getting him to bring back Bacon Rolls & Chips
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Aug. 03 2004,11:38)]That reminds me. Dave, Brian Dear was singing your praises yesterday.
Better pay him later!

wink.gif
[/QUOTE]
He wasn't when I spoke to him at Southchurch Park last week.l
biggrin.gif

Back