• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

CLUB SHOP - SEASON CARD DISCOUNT? Not any more..

SUFCFANS

Coach
Made a visit to the club shop Saturday morning to purchase my new shirt - went to the till, flashed my season card expecting the 10% discount I was promised when I bought my season card to be told NO! You now have to be a club-blues member or something...

Maybe I missed something, and if I did, so did the other 3 people being turned away at the time as me - 2 of which walked out without making a purchase.. Come on SUFC - this is rubbish!!!

Looks like I won't be buying a new shirt, then.

It's not the money that concerns me even a little bit, but they could look after us a litte more - that season ticket has taken a lot out of my income!

When they announced the teamcard scheme about 3 Months ago or so, it was mentioned then that it replaced the 10% discount for season ticket holders.
As a season ticket holder you should have automatically got the Team card pack sent to you

I have a season card, they wouldnt give me any discount on my shirts, they said it was this teamcard thing, i have never received my teamcard stuff and the club are still to call me back regarding it.

It all pants really, the 10% was great, used it alot to buy club merchandise, but wont bother buying much now.

How does the teamcard work anyway, anyone know, ie how many pounds you have to spend to get points or credit etc????

Season tickets used to mean something years ago, not now the clubs are just interested in getting your dosh asap, like i renewed my card in march before we were in even in the play offs.

It all pants really, the 10% was great, used it alot to buy club merchandise, but wont bother buying much now.

That was the problem. As 80% of our regular fans are season ticket holders most purchases made in the club shop were costing the club 10% profit.

They bring in a new scheme where if you are lucky you may get 5% back of every £1 spent in vouchers.

That was the problem. As 80% of our regular fans are season ticket holders most purchases made in the club shop were costing the club 10% profit.

They bring in a new scheme where if you are lucky you may get 5% back of every £1 spent in vouchers.

But what about the interest sufc earns on the money people have paid on season tickets up front in the bank, i reckon 4500 full paying adults at £380 each is nearly £1.7 million up front. Last season it was 8000 season tickets sold so thats not including concessions and kids monies.

They had my £850 since march. 2 adults 1 kids

They should give something back to the life blood of the club year after year.

Personally I was a bit dubious about the TeamCard scheme, thought it was a lot of hassle for little in return.

I think they should also offer shareholders a discount in respect of buying stuff from the club shop (only time I've seen any benefit for shareholders was the early deadlines for ticket sales for the Donny playoff game).

damn right it's the prinicple! As we spend almost £400 on a new season card, £10-£20 in the bar before each game, £40 on a new shirt every season..

BRING BACK THE 10%!!

Made a visit to the club shop Saturday morning to purchase my new shirt - went to the till, flashed my season card expecting the 10% discount I was promised when I bought my season card to be told NO! You now have to be a club-blues member or something...

Who promised you? It's not on the season card form any more? You might mug off the new system but it means we get discount on our season tickets next season as a reward for purchasing in the shop. I'd rather get money off my season card next season then money off in the shop. Will help when I need to find 400 odd quid next season and save £50-£100 on it

"How long is my TeamCard valid for?

As a special introductory offer, the initial membership will run until 30 June, 2009 (normally one season). Details of how this can be renewed will be provided nearer the time of expiry."

So on the basis that a new shirt is worth £40 and that you used to get a 10% discount which = £4, you would have to get 400 points to get an equivalant discount and to get that you would have to spend £80.

Also looks like you will have to pay to renew your membership, so the 10% discount has been quietly removed and replaced with whatwill be a charging service

Its a con!

Last edited:
Who promised you? It's not on the season card form any more? You might mug off the new system but it means we get discount on our season tickets next season as a reward for purchasing in the shop. I'd rather get money off my season card next season then money off in the shop. Will help when I need to find 400 odd quid next season and save £50-£100 on it

Always paying, always paying, always paying!

Instead of 10% off purchases you HAVE to now EARN 5%.

Where will it end? Ever feel a tad victimised as a STH???

Use your noodle!

Dash

"How long is my TeamCard valid for?

As a special introductory offer, the initial membership will run until 30 June, 2009 (normally one season). Details of how this can be renewed will be provided nearer the time of expiry."

So on the basis that a new shirt is worth £40 and that you used to get a 10% discount which = £4, you would have to get 400 points to get an equivalant discount and to get that you would have to spend £80.

Also looks like you will have to pay to renew your membership, so the 10% discount has been quietly removed and replaced with whatwill be a charging service

Its a con!

Good point, well made

Its a rip off, been looking into it, 340 points is worth £3.40 in the club shop/ticket office.

But to get 340 points at 99% of the retailers in teamcard, they only offer 1 point per pound spent, so to get £4 off a shirt you would have to have 400 points, so ie spent £400 elsewhere.

They say Tescos and asda, so you great get money towards teamcard with my weekly shop, WRONG they only offer it on pet insurance and other stupid stuff.

SOUTHEND HAVE HAD US ALL OVER HERE!!

They exploit us at every turn

I for one will not be buying anymore sufc merchandise, not even the new away shirt, i spent over £800 last season in the club shop, no more we have been mugged in my view.
May even consider buying my tickets weekly as from next season, club dont care about fans pockets just their own ie £15 to watch Fulham.

Last edited:
Back