• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

CLUB SHOP - SEASON CARD DISCOUNT? Not any more..

At the end of the day your buying merchandise from the club where the money goes into the club on better facilities, better players etc and therefore helping the club progress financially and league wise.

Its not like your giving money to criminals, your giving money to the club you support.

Not really, as a seaso you get the temcard free, get your 10% off using it, plus further bonus' from purchases, so you get more not less.

That is how I understand it anway

Oh wake up will ya!

Tell me how this is better than 10% off at the till? No really please, give me all the reasons as on line shopping isn't going to get you a free shirt now is it!?

Its a rip off, been looking into it, 340 points is worth £3.40 in the club shop/ticket office.

But to get 340 points at 99% of the retailers in teamcard, they only offer 1 point per pound spent, so to get £4 off a shirt you would have to have 400 points, so ie spent £400 elsewhere.

They say Tescos and asda, so you great get money towards teamcard with my weekly shop, WRONG they only offer it on pet insurance and other stupid stuff.

SOUTHEND HAVE HAD US ALL OVER HERE!!

They exploit us at every turn

I for one will not be buying anymore sufc merchandise, not even the new away shirt, i spent over £800 last season in the club shop, no more we have been mugged in my view.
May even consider buying my tickets weekly as from next season, club dont care about fans pockets just their own ie £15 to watch Fulham.

I agree totally.

At the end of the day your buying merchandise from the club where the money goes into the club on better facilities, better players etc and therefore helping the club progress financially and league wise.

Its not like your giving money to criminals, your giving money to the club you support.

Thats great, you must be the clubs' accountant, yeah?

Still haven't got my card months and months and phone calls later im still waiting. I wont be buying my x4 shirts (for family) until I get it as they wouldn't add it on later or anything to the team blue member card.

I think though that there are two things that people object to -

1. The club are misleading people and making it sound like something better than what was perviously offered when it clearly isnt (10% before spending money is better than 5% after spending money)
2. If you are a non-season ticket holder, you can join teamblues very cheaply and therefore somebody who has forked out around £400 for a season ticket acrues no benefits over somebody who has put diddly squid into it

Feel better now, the money i paid for last years shirt went towards buying Revell!

If you are a non-season ticket holder, you can join teamblues very cheaply and therefore somebody who has forked out around £400 for a season ticket acrues no benefits over somebody who has put diddly squid into it

Hang on a minute. Some of us can't afford to fork out over £1000 for season tickets for the family but go to every game the same as a STH.

Not exactly "diddly squid" is it? In fact over a season, we pay out more on tickets than STH do so why shouldn't we get some of the benefits as well.

Hang on a minute. Some of us can't afford to fork out over £1000 for season tickets for the family but go to every game the same as a STH.

Not exactly "diddly squid" is it? In fact over a season, we pay out more on tickets than STH do so why shouldn't we get some of the benefits as well.

It is a lot of money, but why cant you afford to buy season tickets if you go to every game ?

Barclaycard do interest free credit cards for season tickets so you could buy them and pay them off throughout the season and save yourself a pretty penny.

I must admit I didn't know about the interest free credit card.

The new season tickets always come on sale at the same time as we are paying out for a summer holiday. Also our son does not go every week due to work commitments so we would not be able to sit together.

The point I was trying to make though is that there are very loyal fans out there who are not STH's.

I agree the fans who attend every game and pay full price tickets are just as committed as sth, i used to purchase my tickets week in week out.

But the club slashing the 10% has really made me think they dont give a **** about the fans and Ron wants to run it as a hardcore business, rip us cos off we are mugs for it.

It is just another way of exploiting fans cos the board know we will be here come what may, so lets rip em off.
I mean £30 for a Man Utd ticket and now £15 for a friendly against a struggling prem team who we have a great chance of playing in the ccc if we go up this season, cos Fulham are gonna struggle in the prem.

I understand its a business but shouldnt the supporters have something in return, instead of Matt Harrold!

We are just a pound sign.

The club aren't ripping us off, they've just changed the system. I think for too long we've had it good and now its changed we expect, end of the day a discount is a privilege not a right hey. I buy a season card to watch football at a cheaper rate and garentee my seat for the season, not to gain a discount on clothing. I can't believe people are saying they won't buy stuff becuase the won't get an immediate discount. Would people stop shopping at their regular supermarket because they changed there reward system? Although supermarkets aren't a niche market, but you get the idea.

The club aren't ripping us off, they've just changed the system. I think for too long we've had it good and now its changed we expect, end of the day a discount is a privilege not a right hey. I buy a season card to watch football at a cheaper rate and garentee my seat for the season, not to gain a discount on clothing. I can't believe people are saying they won't buy stuff becuase the won't get an immediate discount. Would people stop shopping at their regular supermarket because they changed there reward system? Although supermarkets aren't a niche market, but you get the idea.

I've come late to this discussion, but I think you've missed the point somewhat.

The main problem, and it's the one that I have, is that the club promoted this as a good thing. Reading the marketing bumph that they sent out made it look as good, if not better, than the 10% off used to be. Clearly this is not the case, and is something that they have misled us on.

In terms of buying from the shop, actually the 10% did make a difference. Clothes with football badges on them always cost more than without (Nike socks, for example - £8 to £10 for SUFC kit socks, same unbranded socks in Sport and Soccer £4). There were a few times during the year that I needed a new polo shirt etc - the 10% off in some cases made it cost the same as getting a non-SUFC top from JJB. Clearly this meant I'd go and get a top from the club shop, hence putting money in the clubs coffers. As I'm on a reasonably tight budget it's now a no brainer that I'm going to go to JJB (or similar), hence quite a bit of my money will now be going to places other than the club.

I'm sure I'm not alone in buying things like this so in fact the club may well lose out on this.

SOUTHEND HAVE HAD US ALL OVER HERE!!

They exploit us at every turn

To be honest, that's SUFC and Ron Martin all over.

Money, money, money. After all he did work for Anton Johnson did he not, and look what he did to the club.

Some people think the sun shines out of his back side. Offering free coach travel etc to games, but in my view there's no such thing as a free lunch.

Look at what he and the club have tried to rip us off with

The share issue - Biggest rip off going!
Lottery Tickets
And now getting rid of the 10% at the club shop :(

Absolutely disgraceful!

And then the gaul to charge £15 for a mediocre friendly against Fulham, and STH dont even get a discount!

SUFC must be in dire straights with money, Tilson probably wont get much to spend, and everything is going into the new stadium, and not the team.

To be honest, the day of the STH's are the lifeblood of the club are over.

When they announced the teamcard scheme about 3 Months ago or so, it was mentioned then that it replaced the 10% discount for season ticket holders.
As a season ticket holder you should have automatically got the Team card pack sent to you

I never got one :thumbdown:

Back