• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

CLUB SHOP - SEASON CARD DISCOUNT? Not any more..

To be honest, that's SUFC and Ron Martin all over.

Money, money, money. After all he did work for Anton Johnson did he not, and look what he did to the club.

Some people think the sun shines out of his back side. Offering free coach travel etc to games, but in my view there's no such thing as a free lunch.

Look at what he and the club have tried to rip us off with

The share issue - Biggest rip off going!
Lottery Tickets
And now getting rid of the 10% at the club shop :(

Absolutely disgraceful!

And then the gaul to charge £15 for a mediocre friendly against Fulham, and STH dont even get a discount!

SUFC must be in dire straights with money, Tilson probably wont get much to spend, and everything is going into the new stadium, and not the team.

To be honest, the day of the STH's are the lifeblood of the club are over.

I'm still trying to work out if your on a wind up or not because I haven't seen you post on positive thing about RM or SUFC.

RM, since his been in charge, has offered free coach travel more than once and that comes out of his back pocket, not the Clubs money.

The share issue - You didn't have to buy one did you. I didn't.
Lottery tickets - This helps the Youth team out, and RM doesn't get his hands on any of this cash.
The 10% discount - I've had a season ticket for the last 5/6 seasons or so and have never used it and I aint planning on using TeamCards. Get over it.

Not that its true as we paid a six figure sum for Walker, but why is it such a bad thing if Tilson doesn't get a lot of money to strengthen the squad with. There are over 750 professional footballers without a Club out there. I'd much rather have a team to support when the new stadium comes around that not have a team because we have spent money we couldn't afford.

Stop being a ****ing negative arsehole all the time and think. Jesus christ.

Season ticket holders are some of the life blood because we give over our money at the start of the season, but fans that buy tickets during the season are equal to STHs as they are Southend United fans and they help pay wages, etc as much as STH.

The lottery tickets are a scheme to help the youth team? How is this a rip off?

Seriously though, they can't make that much money. Even the chap in the ticket office said they dont sell many.

All the club seems to want is money, yet Tilson doesn't get any money to spend!

:(

Seriously though, they can't make that much money. Even the chap in the ticket office said they dont sell many.

All the club seems to want is money, yet Tilson doesn't get any money to spend!

:(

Except the six figure sum we spent on James Walker....

To be honest, that's SUFC and Ron Martin all over.

Money, money, money. After all he did work for Anton Johnson did he not, and look what he did to the club.

Some people think the sun shines out of his back side. Offering free coach travel etc to games, but in my view there's no such thing as a free lunch.

Look at what he and the club have tried to rip us off with

The share issue - Biggest rip off going!
Lottery Tickets
And now getting rid of the 10% at the club shop :(

Absolutely disgraceful!

And then the gaul to charge £15 for a mediocre friendly against Fulham, and STH dont even get a discount!

SUFC must be in dire straights with money, Tilson probably wont get much to spend, and everything is going into the new stadium, and not the team.

To be honest, the day of the STH's are the lifeblood of the club are over.

My god man that is the most melodramatic post i have ever read on Shrimperzone. The paranoia is laughable.

I cant believe that people are so naive that they think the lottery is the biggest scandal of the 21 century.

I'm no 'Fanboi' but I think we should give the club some credit where its due. How do you think players get purchased or stadiums gets financed? Share issues and lotteries are a necessary evil.

Unless, that is, you'd rather be in Luton, Wrexhams or Bournemouths predicament. We all know how tight finances are for lower league clubs, I really cant believe you begrudge the club some money making activities.

I'm still trying to work out if your on a wind up or not because I haven't seen you post on positive thing about RM or SUFC.

RM, since his been in charge, has offered free coach travel more than once and that comes out of his back pocket, not the Clubs money.

The share issue - You didn't have to buy one did you. I didn't.
Lottery tickets - This helps the Youth team out, and RM doesn't get his hands on any of this cash.
The 10% discount - I've had a season ticket for the last 5/6 seasons or so and have never used it and I aint planning on using TeamCards. Get over it.

Not that its true as we paid a six figure sum for Walker, but why is it such a bad thing if Tilson doesn't get a lot of money to strengthen the squad with. There are over 750 professional footballers without a Club out there. I'd much rather have a team to support when the new stadium comes around that not have a team because we have spent money we couldn't afford.

Stop being a ****ing negative arsehole all the time and think. Jesus christ.

Season ticket holders are some of the life blood because we give over our money at the start of the season, but fans that buy tickets during the season are equal to STHs as they are Southend United fans and they help pay wages, etc as much as STH.

Everyone is entitled to their point of view.

A six figure sum for a striker that can't finish seems alot.

Just strange that Col Ewe get a new stadium, then go out and buy a striker for half a million. Surely they can't have that much more money than us?

Everyone is entitled to their point of view.

A six figure sum for a striker that can't finish seems alot.

Just strange that Col Ewe get a new stadium, then go out and buy a striker for half a million. Surely they can't have that much more money than us?

Whether the money we pay for Walker is well spent or not remains to be seen, we can't judge him on half a season. Personally, I think its money well spent and others will disagree, but I'm just saying money has been spent during the transfer window on players despite what a lot of people seem to think.

The guy that owns Col Ewe is in the 100 richest man in the World. He was paying Sheringhams wages out of his own pocket. Similair to the guy at Peterborough.

Slightly off topic I know, but the lottery has been mentioned.

May be going out on a limb here, but I'm looking at the prizes and the cost involved. I actually don't think that the lottery IS that great value for money.

I appreciate that the funds go to the youths, which is good, but at over another £100 for the year? That's a third of the season ticket price! No wonder the people in the club shop say they aren't selling many.

Whether the money we pay for Walker is well spent or not remains to be seen, we can't judge him on half a season. Personally, I think its money well spent and others will disagree, but I'm just saying money has been spent during the transfer window on players despite what a lot of people seem to think.

The guy that owns Col Ewe is in the 100 richest man in the World. He was paying Sheringhams wages out of his own pocket. Similair to the guy at Peterborough.

I think you'll find Frank Van Wezel was in the same list. He's the guy who owns Hi-Tec and is on the board at SUFC.

May be going out on a limb here, but I'm looking at the prizes and the cost involved. I actually don't think that the lottery IS that great value for money.

I appreciate that the funds go to the youths, which is good, but at over another £100 for the year? That's a third of the season ticket price! No wonder the people in the club shop say they aren't selling many.

Yeah, the same chap also said the share issue wasn't well received and went down like a lead balloon. He said you couldn't blame people, especially if you've already shelled out for a ST.

I think you'll find Frank Van Wezel was in the same list. He's the guy who owns Hi-Tec and is on the board at SUFC.

But the guy at Col Ewe is treating the Club like his baby, think of him as a smaller scale Abramovic.

Van Wezel isn't as rich as the guy at Col Ewe for a start.

Didn't someone win a holiday? Surley thats an ok prize?

Shame our club wasn't treated like that, and not just for a money making exercise.

There isn't any point discussing this with you is there. Our situation and Col Ewes is massively different. Read SUFC7 post about financing the new stadium.

Do you honestly believe people get involved with football clubs to make money. Its very difficult to make money at a Club like Southend. Even Clubs like Chelsea and Man Utd run at a loss. People aint making money there, so they aint going to be making money at us.

Shame our club wasn't treated like that, and not just for a money making exercise.

You mean, run like a business? ;) That would involve making errmmmm money? Or should we just ask the players to play for free and see if the builders fancy sticking the new stadium up as a favour for free?

Last edited:
Back